Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLI Victory at Discover and Barclays

tag
GomerPyle
Regular Contributor

CLI Victory at Discover and Barclays

I received a $12,000 CLI from Discover and a $7,500 CLI from Barclays this week. They are both so anxious to lend $$$. I will never use these new increases but it sure is fun to see bigger credit lines.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: CLI Victory at Discover and Barclays

@GomerPyle wrote:

I received a $12,000 CLI from Discover and a $7,500 CLI from Barclays this week. They are both so anxious to lend $$$. I will never use these new increases but it sure is fun to see bigger credit lines.

Whoa, wait, what? A $12K CLI from Discover?? Or was it a CLI of X amount that got you to $12K?

Whichever, 'grats on both the CLI's.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 10
GomerPyle
Regular Contributor

CL at Discover was $7,000 now it is $19,000. It just blew me away.

CL at Barclays was $7,500 now it is $15,000. I rarely use this card.

Message 3 of 10
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Well, to quote your namesake, sha-zam!!!

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 10
dpk12000
Established Member

I got a auto $2,000 CLI on my US Airways Barclays card (from $6,400 to $8,400) just last week.  Barclays must be in a generous mood lately.

Message 5 of 10
MrShush
Valued Contributor

That's pretty impressive for Discover!

I just called the IVR and requested a lowly $110 to bring me to 10K even. They wanted to talk to me so I banged on them. No hard pulls or CSRs for me, thank you!

Message 6 of 10
android01
Valued Contributor

Does Discover pull a hard or soft for CLI?

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 7 of 10
GomerPyle
Regular Contributor

@android01 wrote:

Does Discover pull a hard or soft for CLI?

The CSR at Discover assured me that it was a soft inquiry. I have not checked to make sure but for a $12,000 increase I will be content with a hard pull.

Message 8 of 10
DJH87
Established Member

That is a huge CLI for Discover! How did you get that much? What is your credit profile? Did you ask for $12000 or did they offered you that amount. WOW!

Message 9 of 10
GomerPyle
Regular Contributor

@DJH87 wrote:

That is a huge CLI for Discover! How did you get that much? What is your credit profile? Did you ask for $12000 or did they offered you that amount. WOW!

I received a letter from Discover offering the $12,000 increase. It sat on my desk for sometime and just out of boredom I called. The CSR at Discover said that these letters were very rare and congratulated me for receiving one.  My FICOS are in the 780-790 range with perfect history.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.