cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLI after Navy fed secured card graduation?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CLI after Navy fed secured card graduation?

My secured card with navy fed just graduated. But they gave me a limit of $2000 from a $500 deposit. I put roughly 2000-3000 through it every month so I was hoping to get at least $5k. I called to ask for a recon on the limit and she told me to send a secured message. Sent a secured message and they told me to submit a CLI request. I really don’t want the Inquiry. Best course of action? Can I get an increase without an inquiry?
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CLI after Navy fed secured card graduation?

Congratulations on the graduation and CLI! Just my opinion but I think you did really well to get that.
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! I definitely feel like I’ve seen other larger limits from secured cards.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the graduation! How long did it take exactly for your card to gradutate? Ive had mine for about 2 months now and I cant wait for it to graduate.

Message 4 of 9
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

I would apply for a new unsecured card instead of worrying about a CLI.

I have seen some crazy SLs given to those with a NFCU relationship already built.

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Forever! I opened the card in Feb or March of 2018. So it took over a year to graduate. I don’t know if credit score is the primary factor but my score just got over 600 on FICO 9 that they use.
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would love to, but I have two cards with them that I closed in 2016. I can’t get another card until at least one of those balances is paid.
Message 7 of 9
tbque
Valued Contributor

Depending on what the remaining balances are on your other two Navy cards you may be at your maximum internal exposure limit with NFCU?

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

What exactly does that mean? My two closed cards each had 10k limits. There’s $7000 remaining on one and $8000 on the other.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.