Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLI on credit report (chase)

tag
gingerflower
Valued Contributor

CLI on credit report (chase)

Hello all... What's up with chase! I just got an alert from my credit monitoring that I got credit line decreased. I requested to move $3500 from my chase Marriott account to my freedom. I did not know that chase,would report it on my credit report as credit line decreased. I am so upset! **bleep**!
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: CLI on credit report (chase)

Smiley Sad Sorry to hear that!
Message 2 of 15
gingerflower
Valued Contributor

Now I am going to have a negative report on my credit bureau. Had I'd known I would have never transferred $3500 from my Marriott to my chase!!be aware everyone if you combined limits from one credit card to another from chase to have this action report on your credit report!😢
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry you are upset. It's really not going to matter, and it happens to everyone who moves credit lines with any lender, not just with Chase.

It's certainly easily explainable if anyone ever had a question, which I doubt they will. Not to worry.

Message 4 of 15
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@gingerflower wrote:
Hello all... What's up with chase! I just got an alert from my credit monitoring that I got credit line decreased. I requested to move $3500 from my chase Marriott account to my freedom. I did not know that chase,would report it on my credit report as credit line decreased. I am so upset! **bleep**!

Chase is just reporting the correct CL. They've done it to me, as has Barclaycard. I've not moved CL with other issuers, but I assume they'd do the same. Not to do so would misrepresent my CLs.

I've not gotten any AA for moving CLs around. If you get AA (and can talk to a competent human), it's easy to explain what happened.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 5 of 15
gingerflower
Valued Contributor

@Humu thank you I'm just so upset I value my credit I figured I was using much of my Marriott card which has a $13,000 cl I figured move $3500 to freedom. Oh well, lesson learned. Thank you for you support!
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase are going to stateyour credit linit everytime they report. there is a difference between them making a comment that the credit limit was decreased and just reporting the new credit limit. Generally they will also report the following info:

* Account open date 
* Credit limit 
* Current balance 
* Lifetime high balance 
* Over the credit limit balance 
* Minimum payment due 
* Last posted payment 
* User type (Authorized User, individual or joint)

Is there an actual comment on your report? or is the 'credit limit decreased' the words from the credit monitoring service?

Message 7 of 15
gingerflower
Valued Contributor

thank you wasCB14 THANK YOU
Message 8 of 15
Gmood1
Super Contributor

I wouldn't worry about it. I moved some limits with Chase. They dropped the card to $500 and reported it before they closed it. Now it shows a $500 limit closed by owner.
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gingerflower wrote:
@Humu thank you I'm just so upset I value my credit I figured I was using much of my Marriott card which has a $13,000 cl I figured move $3500 to freedom. Oh well, lesson learned. Thank you for you support!

No worries, ginger, when we're responsible with our credit, as you are, it's upsetting to see an alert saying "credit limit decrease."

I understand as I moved limits between my 3 Chase cards and I'm happy I did, because they now serve my needs better, but it was unnerving to me also to see one card increasing to a $20,000 limit and at the same time getting an alert that another card had decreased to $10,000 limit!

It's not going to affect you negatively, and the important thing is for you to put the credit where you need it, which it sounds as if you did.  

I'm really glad I moved my limits around, and I have a feeling your wise choice in doing so will serve you well in the future. Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.