cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLI or new TL denial for having account in dispute?

tag
godsentdeath
Established Member

CLI or new TL denial for having account in dispute?

Hi all. I recently sent a goodwill letter to GECAP regarding a hard pull for a requested CLI through their automated line. I pulled my 3-in-1 report on a monitoring site and have noticed the GW letter resulted in a dispute on my TU and EX. I want to appy for the Walmart card, and given my profile I do not think I should have any problems getting approved (hopefully for the discover). CK 688, 36% UTL, AAOA 4 years, 78k income (any thoughts on chances of WM discover vs. regular WM card. I also have a discover IT with 8.3k limit).

My concern is this disputed account. GECAP issues both cards. Anyone ever get denied for a card due to a dispute? I saw someone in this forum get disqualified during UW for a mortgage once due to dispute. Was thinking of sending another letter to GE stating i submit to their decision. First letter was sent about a month ago.

Additonally, has anyone gotten denied a CLI from another company due to a dispute. I also want to seek a CLI from chase soon for my freedom.

Thanks in advance for the responses.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: CLI or new TL denial for having account in dispute?

Message 2 of 5
godsentdeath
Established Member

Correct. Was under the impression the pull would be soft due to GECap's general soft pull CLI policy. It was a Sunday and there was no person available to speak to. I went ahead with the phone CLI request and it resulted in a HP. I sent a letter to that effect, stating if I had known it would have been a HP i would not have proceeded, hoping GE would remove the HP. They stood by the pull, which ultimatly I am fine with. I just want the dispute to be removed or want to know if I will run into issues with them in the future due to the dispute being noted on the CRs.

Message 3 of 5
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

I'm sure you are aware that a lender has the right to initiate a hard pull. The disputed account will not factor into your FICO while its being investigated. Whether or not the same lender would deny you or take AA against you is highly doubtful.

IMO, I would request to have the comments removed- that way you get the benefit of your acct history with future apps/lenders.
Message 4 of 5
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

If you are requesting a line increase, the lender has a right to pull your credit. They ask ahead of time that a line increase may result in a HP inquiry.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.