cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLI's after getting American Express card?

tag
Cadmius

CLI's after getting American Express card?

A few months ago I had gotten an American Express card. I’ve tried the check spending ability up to $5,000 and they were all approved. Even since I got it my sears card CL has gone up three times my Shell gas card has gone up twice and my Citi card once. None of these cards have had a CLI in a long time. Do they see I have the American Express card and just increased them? I just find it funny that over two years none of them went up and soon has I get the Amex card they all go up a few time each over a few months.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
bettercreditguy1
Established Contributor

Re: CLI's after getting American Express card?

Sears was my first store card over 30 years ago, limit I believe was $ 200. to start. It raised infrequently but often when I used it sometimes $ 25.00 steps sometimes $ 100. steps. It was over $ 2000. when I stopped my major shopping there. To me, they like to see usage  with good payment history.

Updated scores 3/7/21 TU 849, EQ 829, Ex 818 (all Fico scores) Remember the Three P's: Pay early in Full, Pay on Time, Patience
Message 2 of 3
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

Re: CLI's after getting American Express card?

I do not know much about Citi, but it would be silly for them to increase limits because of an American Express account showing up. That could be the reason, or maybe they just saw another account and wanted to keep your business.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.