Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLI's from Victoria's Secret

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CLI's from Victoria's Secret

I was checking online last week my activity. And thought I'd try out the luv button. I got a message saying they would send me a letter with their decision in the next 10 business days. I received the letter today:...............

"Dear Sylviatob,
Thank you for your recent inquiry to Card Holder Services. World Financial Network National Bank issues VICTORIA'S SECRET credit card accounts and responds to all related inquiries.
To be eligible for increase, timely payment patterns must be made with the existing credit limit amount. Unfortunately, because of poor credit performance with us we are unwilling to grant an increase at this time.
We value you as a customer and our apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused. If you have further questions about your account please contact us at 1-800-887-4930. WE will be happy to help you." (letter ver batum)

With the EXTREME difficulty I have with even accessing the account online, the PITA procedure of HAVING to have separate user names & passwords for both the online account and buying their stuff, AND the fact I've had not ONE late in over 2 years with them, and I only use the card 3 maybe 4 times a year, and a $450 cl, I closed the account today. *sniff*

Hated to do it, as I'd had it for 4 years, but enough is enough, and I think I've graduated to better things.
Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CLI's from Victoria's Secret

wow syl! not cool, sorry they shot you down and tried to belittle you. oh well, you've moved on and sounds like you really won't miss them anyway (only a few purchaes this past year).
Message 2 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

That sucks. I am sorry that that happened to you.
Message 3 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everybody. It's ok. I'd been wanting a reason to close it for a long time. The only thing that made me keep it was the age of the account.

Oh well, on to better things. 1 down and 3 to go. Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 31
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

It makes me wonder how high VS CLs even go?

I kept getting auto-clis when I was carrying about 75% on the card.  Now that it's been PIF for awhile I'm not seeing any luv.

Anyone have a ginormous limit w/ VS?

TX,

P
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 5 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Peas! *waves*

That might be the reason I haven't seen any luv from them. I only use it 3 or 4 times/year. I can always re-open it later, if I want to. Or so says the recoded message when the computer closed me out. (closed, not clothes silly. I'm to old for their clothes. except for their lingerie.lol)
Message 6 of 31
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

LOL

Hiya Sylv!

I decided to push the envelope, err, love button, with them.  We'll see.  I think it's the only card I didn't try to get a CLI from over the past few months.

We'll see what happens!  (I have my doubts as I haven't used the card for more than 10% of the CL in about 6 months.  I usually make one giant purchase every 2-3 months -- I'm sure they don't like that.)

P
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Message 7 of 31
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I have a $500 CL from J.Crew (same icky-poo WFNNB as Victoria's Secret.) I actually don't mind a store card limit that low, because I've already learned the hard way to PIF this turkey the moment the charge hits the screen.

But even if they raised it, it wouldn't be worth the nightmare of trying to get them to report properly. DD#1 has it, and DD#2 is getting it (very aware of how to pay), and they're the J.Crew wearers in our fam anyway.

As soon as the last 30-day gets shoved off the 24 month screen this June (or who knows, this coming November), this one's a goner.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 8 of 31
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

haulingthescoreup wrote:
I have a $500 CL from J.Crew (same icky-poo WFNNB as Victoria's Secret.) I actually don't mind a store card limit that low, because I've already learned the hard way to PIF this turkey the moment the charge hits the screen.

But even if they raised it, it wouldn't be worth the nightmare of trying to get them to report properly. DD#1 has it, and DD#2 is getting it (very aware of how to pay), and they're the J.Crew wearers in our fam anyway.

As soon as the last 30-day gets shoved off the 24 month screen this June (or who knows, this coming November), this one's a goner.

I can honestly say I have never had an issue w/ VS reporting incorrectly.  I even learned that I had a few days grace period after the due date.  (In the past, of course, as I don't tempt fate anymore.)  I ran this card up like crazy when I was working at Bath and Body Works.  The nice part was I could make a payment @BBW, too.

I've had the card for 4 years, started around 350 and currently sit at 1400.  I haven't had an increase in 14 months.  Maybe I'm due, lol.

P
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Message 9 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just applied and got approved for a Victoria's Secret Card. My limit is only $500 and I don't think that I am going to go for an increase very soon because I may not be using it that much.
Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.