Did you mean: 

CLI's on RBFCU? When/How?

tag
FroggieMom
Regular Contributor

Re: CLI's on RBFCU? When/How?

@Anonymous wrote:
To clarify, they don't do auto CLIs.

@I knew this going in so when I app'ed in Jan I made sure to aim high ($15K) and was approved with no issues for the premier rate @9.95% (2nd tier rate, score was around 700 then) 

I too, have switched and made them my main bank from a different CU and am very happy I did!  Great customer service, great rates, eDeposits credited same day! Smiley Very Happy

Summer 2018 FICO 8 scores~
Gardening until 2019....at least
Message 11 of 14
gibeon
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
To clarify, they don't do auto CLIs.

I was hoping you'd see this post!

Thank ypu for the definitive answer!

I have plenty of other cards/credit, so I'll leave it as is for a while and maybe try in a year or so, if I can refrain from opening new accounts for any appreciable amount of time.

23 Open Bank Cards / 7 Open Store Cards / TOO many inquires / Mid/High 600's
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

FYI RBFCU uses the same pull for 45 days NOT 30 days when you apply for a CC/PLOC.

When you ask for a CLI from RBFCU I would ALWAYS do it in a branch on webcam with a loan CSR rep (not by phone or online) and don't take no for an answer.

I asked for $20K CC and $10K PLOC right away and they countered at $10K on CC and I said talk to the hand. Smiley Very Happy

CSR went back to the underwriter and got me $15K on CC and approved the $10K PLOC (I won't lie I wimped out and only asked for $10K PLOC when I should've asked for $15K). I would've gotten $20K or $25K on both lines right out of the gate, but when I refi'd my car from RBFCU to ATFCU (did this to make sure FICO didn't credit score r$pe my a$s). But of course, I still lost a soul crushing 56 points off my TU score once my refi'd loan reported as paid off/closed and my new car loan reported which bumped me 3pts off their highest credit tier.  Smiley SurprisedOOOO

Thank the credit TU gods I got all 56 pts back plus another 12 pts in the last 50 days and by the end of this month I should be approaching Mr. 800 TU score.

I'm going back to ask them for a CLI around September 30th and asking for $25K CC and $25K PLOC. I found out from CSR the highest credit limits he's ever heard or seen since working there was one guy got both a $40K CC and $25K PLOC. Those are my goals to hit with them in the next 12 months. I'm betting RBFCU's max exposure is like PenFed's and it's at $50K CC/$25K PLOC.

2016-06-25 18.34.34.jpg

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

A few incorrect points. RBFCU doesn't have max exposure. If your income and credit warrant it then there isn't a set limit. Also, your "don't take no for an answer" isn't correct. Sometimes you get a slightly more conservative underwriter but it's very rare they raise an unsecured amount. Not really much reason to. And idk why those are your goals but I wouldn't waste a HP for some CLIs. That's dumb. Especially when they're already useable
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.