Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLI's....

tag
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

CLI's....

what is the best way to get an auto CLI on chase and bankamericard cash rewards. if its even possible. someone told me bring it right up to limit and then pay it off 

AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Total Credit Limits: $122,650
Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33
android01
Valued Contributor

Re: Auto CLI's....

The best way to get a CLI on anything is to leave them ALL alone for at least a year. Smiley Very Happy

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 2 of 34
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

then why do people tell me try at 6 months

AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Message 3 of 34
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I just think it's a waste to sit around and "try" to figure out when and what some computer system is going to give you more CL without asking... Pick the cards that you can request a CLI without HP and as other poster said the cards that will require HP (Chase, etc.) Leave alone for a year.

You go to them and take the HP after you get other higher limit cards because you have much better and more established credit, then your old cards should follow or ditch them!

Message 4 of 34
drkaje
Senior Contributor

If you're trying, it's not auto.

Generally, use the card and pay in full. It also comes down to companies. Chase doesn't really grow in proportion to use (in my experience) so people tend to be stuck with whatever their approval CL was for a while. I've read threads where people were stuck with low limits for years or burned an inquiry only to get a few hundred dollar increase, LOL! Chase Freedom will likely be freed to the shredder later this year but I'll leave it open to help with utilization.

Citi has been pretty good to me with CLIs on both cards.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 34
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

i think i will always keep chase. i will never go to citi again because they were so rude to me when i tried to do a recon and it sounded like there were saying i was a dead beat who doesnt pay bills because i had a late showing up on my report when infact there was no late but a disputing error with an old account

Message 6 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@afbar1114 wrote:

i think i will always keep chase. i will never go to citi again because they were so rude to me when i tried to do a recon and it sounded like there were saying i was a dead beat who doesnt pay bills because i had a late showing up on my report when infact there was no late but a disputing error with an old account

I wouldn't let one CSR taint your opinion of a whole company.
Message 7 of 34
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@afbar1114 wrote:

what is the best way to get an auto CLI on chase and bankamericard cash rewards. if its even possible. someone told me bring it right up to limit and then pay it off 

Use them heavily and PIF, if you have to leave a balance try not to go over 20%. Usage / Good paymeny history / CR's looking good are the key factors for Auto CLI's.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 8 of 34
boomhower
Valued Contributor

Chase and BOA are both hard to get autos with.  I ended up dropping BOA and burned an INQ with Chase to get one on my Freedom card.  Initially they only went from $1000->$1500.  After a lot of prodding and working up the ladder I got them to go to $5k but let me tell you it wasn't quick or easy.

Message 9 of 34
drkaje
Senior Contributor

@ Boom,

I ended up with a $3K limit and really should have waited or researched a little more in advance.

There's no way I'm eating a HP for a CLI. Smiley Happy I know a lot of people feel it's okay because a CLI will not impact your AOAA, versus a new account. It just doesn't seem right that an existing relationship with needs a hard inquiry.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.