Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLI without hard pull question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CLI without hard pull question

Mybad BrutalBodyShots, I must've mmissed you asking that question. I put the strike thru banks or any major corporations for legal reasons. We all know which creditor i'm stating but I'm never actually stating the creditor. 

I recieved a letter a long time ago from a corp telling me to delete a review about their product before. The review site that will rename nameless GAVE personal contact info that suppose to have remained private. Lol I don't want to chance it anymore so I use strikes.

That's really it tho, no giant reason lol. Sorry for missing the question.

Message 21 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do strikes really protect you legally against anything?  I mean, it's obvious who you are referring to so I wouldn't see how that would make a difference in a legal sense?  This is the first I've heard of something like this.

Message 22 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Put it like this from a legal stand point, It's better to have some form of protection then none.

I'm surprised this is the first you've heard of websites having to hand over personal information about it's user to corps that threaten to suit unless the user removes the review. I thought it was ridiculous until I received a letter about a poor review to either remove the review or face legal action. Yeah I removed the review like a chump lol. I went the cheaper route.

It really got out of hand about 2 maybe 3 years ago. Some people edited or removed their review and some people were sued for defamation (I don't know any outcomes).

Let's see, maybe google "people giving reviews are being sued" or something generic like that and you'll probably see something for yourself.

Good or bad I now use the strike. Yes it's obvious whom I'm talking about but from a legal stand point I'm never actually mentioning the name. We know who you're talking about is not worthy enough to win a lawsuit . 

Message 23 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I get what you are saying, I just don't see how a strike through protects you legally.  Defamation is defamation, isn't it?  If everyone knows what (who) you're talking about, what does the strike through do legally is what I'm asking.

If I murder someone tonight, and post on this forum I murdered Firstname Lastname but put a strike through through their names I don't think it would protect me legally from the crime.  I know this is a different type of example here, but you get my point.

Message 24 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

That drastic example and my use of the strikethrough requires two different forms of law. No it won't protect you from investigation but it may give you're lawyer a chance to prove you never admitted to the crime.

The strikethrough has been used for many years by ordinary people and legal personnel. It is simply a way to convey information while simultaneously not. It's not something I decided to make up. Try google "why use strikethrough" or something generic like that.

Since these forums are public that is probably why Fico has the strikethrough as a option in their selection (It's not there just to be there).

The strikethrough basically means this item is deleted, use at own risk. It's really as simple as that.

Now to combat your question, If you wear a bullet proof vest does this make you invincible? No, but it does make you more prepared.

Yes having someone understand what you're saying without you actually saying it does give you some legal protection. I must actually say the words or I can say "you interpreted incorrectly". If you see the name Terry in a sentence but Terry is Terry, this means it's not Terry and the word Terry was deleted. Of course this is a frowned upon method. Still wanting to use Terry instead of noticing it's deletion by the strikethrough is a decision by the reader not the publisher and that's some for of legal protection.

Message 25 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting.  So, since you take the stance that some protection is better than no protection, do you also wear a tin foil hat to protect yourself from mind control?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tin_foil_hat

Message 26 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lol Ahh I see, you're food and I guess it's time to eat. Well let's put baby away. I'm going to use bullet points so hopefully this time you don't get lost and use wikapedia. The selections in the very smple text selection fico provides confuses you, I was truly surpised you knew how to add a link in comments. Now I can take a joke as long as you can take these body shots "hint hint". I don't want to hear anymore crying after this either, let's get started.

• You hijacked the OP for something you could've easily sent a PM about. These readers or the OP don't want to read about strikethroughs and I don't blame them.
  • You asked 20 questions about something that could be answered with a simple google search. That's just silly, but you obviously like wikapedia Smiley Very Happy, where you can also find the use of the strikethrough smh this guy.
  • You're having a hard time grasping loop holes. Majority of what's discussed on FF are loopholes, backdoors and ways to do things based on our experience to better credit and credit related decisions. You either agree with a loophole or you don't lol it's really that simple. If you have a problem with loopholes and people finding ways to legally protect themselves then I don't think Fico Forums is the place for you.

Oh you're done already, Nope give him a little more. Put em away in the first round. If you give a man air that means he's breathing, How can he be dead if he's breathing. Get back in the ring and put that boy down. Back at it.

• I can't find the part in our conversation where I brought up strikethrough as a subject and where I tried to convince you to use it. I can't even find where you made a comment about the OP. Ask me why I can't find it. Ask me! So I use a strikethrough, how is that messing up your day? It's hard for you to read words with lines lol?
  • I'm going to assume you had some form of higher learning. What's the number one thing professors, colleges etc say about reasearch? Don't use wikapedia! What seems to be the only outside source you've used during our interaction, wikapedia. Lol, Wikapedai why not to use Wikapedia.
  • You stalked me to find out the use of a strikethrough, why not put all that energy in a google search? I'm laughing but you seriously forum stalked me.
  • I see some of your posts, some of them I don't agree with but you don't see me following you and crying about it. Man up.
  • This is the icing on the cake, You're name is BrutalBody Shots with a picture of boxing gloves all signifying the boxing sport but you snarl "lol boxing term" at the fact someone is using a method to protect themselves when in boxing protecting oneself is more important than throwing a punch. Maybe you should change your strategy or your name. 

Wink at his woman Smiley Wink show her what a man looks like and then give him a little more. Get back on your feet this round isn't over.

You're wikapedia reference, why do you have that ready to be used as a joke? You either have used that as a joke multiple times before, you actually read that on your spare time or you googled it primarily for this post which is all just too much. You'll go the extra step and use google/wikapedia for joke but not to better your intellect? Lol I know I know you aint mean it like that it was just a joke, well I go for the kneck and I'm not going to wikapedia a joke Oh sh'' he's knocked out.

You was KO'd a long time ago but i'm going to give you some advice, stay down. Don't respond, just leave this convo alone. My rebuttal to anything you say on any post "since you like to follow me" will be "You're Forum stalking me while hijacking posts about the use of a simple things when google is at your disposal". Now you had enough.

Message 27 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your post above looks far too long-winded for me to actually read, but I can assume by its length that you took offense to my tin foil hat comment.  I just figured that since you feel some protection is better than no protection [with respect to strike-throughs on creditor names] that it was fitting for you.  If I struck a nerve, I certainly apologize.  Going forward, however, I must say that every time I see one of your strike-through's an image of you in a tin foil hat will pop into my head.  So, thank you for that indefinite chuckle Smiley Wink

Message 28 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

lol Tell yourself whatever it is you need to tell yourself guy. As promised..what I say my rebuttal was going to be.

You forum stalked me while hijacking posts to learn about something a simple google search would've answered. 

Message 29 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you all for your instrumental contributions. truely grateful for the wealth of info 

Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.