Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLI without using Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CLI without using Card

I got a 6000 to 7700 bump on my amazon store card after not using it for about 3 months. But I think store cards are a little different. They don't expect them to be used on a regular basis.
Message 11 of 13
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

In my experience with Sync, it seems as though your request for increase is closely tied to your TU score...card use or not.  

Message 12 of 13
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Mortalito77 wrote:

Hello everyone, I was wondering has anyone in here ever tried requesting credit limit increase on a credit card they have never used? It's activated but never actually used. I have a Lowes credit card that I have not used since I got it, I activated the card but never used it. What do you guys think about it?

Despite the popularity of the meme, don't rely so heavily on usage.  Limits and CLI's are determined based on what one's credit profile and income qualify for.  Cards without usage can see CLI's.  Cards with heavy usage can see no CLI's.  It's not just about usage.  It's not just about the one account.  One's entire credit profile matters.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.