Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLIs on "student" credit cards

tag
Scene
Regular Contributor

CLIs on "student" credit cards

I have the Chase student credit card with a measely $350 dollar limit and an AMEX Zync. I have had the student card since June '10 and the Zync since November '10. I am thinking of increasing the limit on the student credit card in June '11.

I have paid off each statement as they come in (sometimes I make payments earlier to lower the UTIL) and have NO lates, on both cards.

Soo how flexible are student products and CLIs ?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
DI
Super Contributor

Re: CLIs on "student" credit cards

@Scene wrote:

I have the Chase student credit card with a measely $350 dollar limit and an AMEX Zync. I have had the student card since June '10 and the Zync since November '10. I am thinking of increasing the limit on the student credit card in June '11.

I have paid off each statement as they come in (sometimes I make payments earlier to lower the UTIL) and have NO lates, on both cards.

Soo how flexible are student products and CLIs ?

$350 CL is a good limit for a student.  It may be best to stay at that limit until after you graduate and land a full-time job. 

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

BoA student card max limit is 2500. Though when you graduate you can do a product change and get a higher limit. 

Message 3 of 8
smc733
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

BoA student card max limit is 2500. Though when you graduate you can do a product change and get a higher limit. 

Or do what I did, PC and go to $3,500... Smiley Wink

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 4 of 8
Scene
Regular Contributor

I am sooo stealing your signature, DI

(lol, jk)

Sooo I suppose CLI on student products are null and void and in the future I should just consider a PC.

If I PC, do I keep the same history or does it close the account and start fresh?

Message 5 of 8
smc733
Valued Contributor

PC to Freedom, if you can, and PC keeps same account and history (just some times the account number changes).

I would also recommend Citi Forward.  Generous CLIs, generous CLs, and great rewards for college students.

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 6 of 8
DI
Super Contributor

@Scene wrote:

I am sooo stealing your signature, DI

(lol, jk)

Sooo I suppose CLI on student products are null and void and in the future I should just consider a PC.

If I PC, do I keep the same history or does it close the account and start fresh?

Ha ha!  I came up with it  over a year ago. 

Message 7 of 8
Gh0st
Contributor

Got the Citi Forward a few months after I turned 18 and got 4000 limit. Had a captial 1 at 1000 and a jcpenny card at 1500 I believe. Got a citi cli to 5200 a month or so ago. Give them a try. 

.Believe.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.