Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

COMENITY Overstock - problem with statements

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: COMENITY Overstock - problem with statements

I've had the same problem with my TR Visa.  Had my car insurance set on it, so there were charges and I pay it off soon as it posts, so not like it's effecting me though.  Statements weren't being issued and I went 3 months (just updated yesterday) with out them pushing an update to the CRAs.

Message 11 of 15
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

Appreciate all the feedback on this thread ! Well unfortunately I have to pay in full this month because I'm apping for one of my final goal cards. Hope they have had enough time to sort this out. If not, will test the process next cycle and if it has not been resolved will lodge a formal complaint. 

GL to all suffering Comenity's trials and errors.Smiley FrustratedSmiley Happy

[4/24] Scores 8/9: 700-800s. Util: 1-2%. Inq/12: EQ 0, EX 3, TU 2. AoOA=15.8y, AoYA=8m.
TCL $678.5K: Personal $562.5K, Business $116K.
Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ocheosa wrote:

Appreciate all the feedback on this thread ! Well unfortunately I have to pay in full this month because I'm apping for one of my final goal cards. Hope they have had enough time to sort this out. If not, will test the process next cycle and if it has not been resolved will lodge a formal complaint. 

GL to all suffering Comenity's trials and errors.Smiley FrustratedSmiley Happy

I hear you!

I am now 10 days post payment due date (3/27). I originally opened the account with VS on 2/18. I just can't understand why something hasn't cut yet to say zero balance - again I get that they may not report it to the 3Bs. I guess I may just bite the bullet and make a purchase because I just don't think a statement is going to cut at all for the first month....

I have been *slightly* tempted to buy something small, let it post, pay it immediately except leave $1 balance to generate reporting/statements. I kind of thing I shouldn't have to do this and I am uncertain if this will mess up my AZEO that I follow, especially since I have both WS and VS cards and would have to do it with both of them.

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ocheosa wrote:

Dear MFers,

RE Overstock statements - both electronic and paper

I've had problems getting a statement since January 2020 posted. When I called mid February was told they would send it via email and the rep also sent me an immediate email stating the current balance.

Now the March electronic statement has not posted. Called the billing department today to investigate.  After the rep reviewed my account, we went over purchases and verified my last statement was in January, he told me to "unenroll, log off, log in again and enroll. That should take care of it." I did the first part then said "ok, I've unenrolled but will wait for a paper statement next month before signing up again. In the interim it says on the website I can request a large print paper statement. Please send a large print paper statement to my home." He responded, "ok, give me a minute to process."  He came back and said, "give me a few more minutes please, I'm working on it." I replied, "sure." (I'm notiing al these simple responses to show he knew nothing about what his supervisor is getting ready to pull.)

He then came back and said "he was unable to process the request. He asked his supervisor for help. The supervisor reviewed the account and said, because I pay prior to statement cut, there is no balance remaining to generate a statement. "

I responded, "to be perfectly blunt, that is ridiculous. There were transactions during both missing statement periods. You've never had a problem generating a 0 balance statement before January. I don't expect a statement when there are no transactions but that is not the case here and it would seem you guys are now operating outside the Credit Card Act. Please take this up at your next meeting. I expect Comenity to have this problem solved  by my next statement or I will report this to the appropriate agency. It would be too easy for a charge, refund, credit to get overlooked and create a non/late payment issue for me down the line simply because your company has either a bug in the system or wants to save dollars on labor or postage. "

I thanked him for his time and hung up...Disgusted !

Keep an eye on your accounts folks. It may just be a system error with my account but better safe than sorry !

Well I guess I am definitely not alone in this.

I have a VS CC with Comenity I got in Feb this year and did not use until April.

I made a purchase and paid it after it posted, but before the statement cut date.

I figured I should finally get a statement since there was 2 transactions (purchase and payment).

Nope! The statement date came and went. It has now been a few weeks since the statement should have cut.

Let's not even get started on their lacking in reporting to the 3Bs....

So am I wrong here thinking that I should have documentation of use besides the website in the form of an actual statement whether it be paper or paperless?

Do you think hidden deep in the paperless terms somewhere when you sign up they have something along the lines of "if you don't have a balance due at time of statement date that you will not receive any type of statement"?

I just don't think that seems very legal for some reason...

Message 14 of 15
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@ocheosa wrote:

Dear MFers,

RE Overstock statements - both electronic and paper

I've had problems getting a statement since January 2020 posted. When I called mid February was told they would send it via email and the rep also sent me an immediate email stating the current balance.

Now the March electronic statement has not posted. Called the billing department today to investigate.  After the rep reviewed my account, we went over purchases and verified my last statement was in January, he told me to "unenroll, log off, log in again and enroll. That should take care of it." I did the first part then said "ok, I've unenrolled but will wait for a paper statement next month before signing up again. In the interim it says on the website I can request a large print paper statement. Please send a large print paper statement to my home." He responded, "ok, give me a minute to process."  He came back and said, "give me a few more minutes please, I'm working on it." I replied, "sure." (I'm notiing al these simple responses to show he knew nothing about what his supervisor is getting ready to pull.)

He then came back and said "he was unable to process the request. He asked his supervisor for help. The supervisor reviewed the account and said, because I pay prior to statement cut, there is no balance remaining to generate a statement. "

I responded, "to be perfectly blunt, that is ridiculous. There were transactions during both missing statement periods. You've never had a problem generating a 0 balance statement before January. I don't expect a statement when there are no transactions but that is not the case here and it would seem you guys are now operating outside the Credit Card Act. Please take this up at your next meeting. I expect Comenity to have this problem solved  by my next statement or I will report this to the appropriate agency. It would be too easy for a charge, refund, credit to get overlooked and create a non/late payment issue for me down the line simply because your company has either a bug in the system or wants to save dollars on labor or postage. "

I thanked him for his time and hung up...Disgusted !

Keep an eye on your accounts folks. It may just be a system error with my account but better safe than sorry !

Well I guess I am definitely not alone in this.

I have a VS CC with Comenity I got in Feb this year and did not use until April.

I made a purchase and paid it after it posted, but before the statement cut date.

I figured I should finally get a statement since there was 2 transactions (purchase and payment).

Nope! The statement date came and went. It has now been a few weeks since the statement should have cut.

Let's not even get started on their lacking in reporting to the 3Bs....

So am I wrong here thinking that I should have documentation of use besides the website in the form of an actual statement whether it be paper or paperless?

Do you think hidden deep in the paperless terms somewhere when you sign up they have something along the lines of "if you don't have a balance due at time of statement date that you will not receive any type of statement"?

I just don't think that seems very legal for some reason...

I've changed settings from paperless to paper and back again and still no statement has cut since January. I just made a purchase and am letting it report to see if it forces a statement. I don't think what they are doing is legal but am beginning to wonder if something is changing internally; either a new system or possibly even changing program/banks. I've had this account since December 2016. It's strange that this lack of providing statements happened all of a sudden and the front line csr's were not aware. They do still report changes to the CB's, it just seems to take two cycles for it to update. I did not renew my ClubO membership this month, waiting to see how all of this irons out.

[4/24] Scores 8/9: 700-800s. Util: 1-2%. Inq/12: EQ 0, EX 3, TU 2. AoOA=15.8y, AoYA=8m.
TCL $678.5K: Personal $562.5K, Business $116K.
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.