Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

COSTCO AMEX approved!!

tag
GovtGal
Valued Member

Re: COSTCO AMEX approved!!

@Anonymous wrote:
I got the same initial message as well.  It was an interesting wait period.  My understanding from other members of the forum is that they look into your Costco spending history in addition to the standard CC checks.  Let me know what they tell you.  I'm curious.  Now, I just waiting to see what the credit limit is going to be.  Not going to use the card right away.  Want to get other financial things in order first so I can really make this card work for me.

I just got a phone call telling me that I was approved.  No e-mail though.  I will find out my credit limit when I get my card.
Message 11 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!!  That's cool they called you.  Never heard of a CC company calling to approve...
Message 12 of 23
Kay_Cee
Regular Contributor

Congrats on the approval!  I use my card weekly at Costco and always PIF.  AMEX called me too when they approved the card 3.5 years ago and they just recently approved the CLI I requested.  I've never had any trouble (keeping my fingers crossed) with them.
Message 13 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got AMEX card today.  CL is $2k......have read from other members that they usually start around here.  Will be interesting was hoping to get a little higher so we can get the points from our cruise purchase....  Oh well.  Will be using my chase rewards card to get the points..  Smiley Happy  I am grateful that I am still "appealing" to credit card companies during these hard economic times, especially to AMEX. 

Message 14 of 23
GovtGal
Valued Member

Well I got my card in the mail yesterday and my credit limit was $2,000 as well.  Like you said, this must be a standard starting point.

They also offered me a balance transfer offer of 1.99% until January 2010.  I have about $1,300 that I'd like to transfer over but I'm afraid to do that with such a new card.  I've heard AMEX frowns on balance transfers...even though they offer them.

Message 15 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cool.  We got the same offer as well.  Hubby said not to do the transfer.  It wouldn't be worth the 4% BT fee.  Smiley Happy  congratulations on your new card.
Message 16 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, when the BT offer is good for 6 to 12 months only, the BT fee can push it over the edge prohibitively.

BoA offers a 3.99%, but wants a 4% BT as well.  And the 3.99 is only 6 months....and then my rate is 13.99. 

Message 17 of 23
GovtGal
Valued Member

@Anonymous wrote:
Cool.  We got the same offer as well.  Hubby said not to do the transfer.  It wouldn't be worth the 4% BT fee.  Smiley Happy  congratulations on your new card.

Are you sure there is a 4% fee on your offer?  I just doubled checked mine and this is what it said:

APR:

1.99%1

APR Duration:

Through billing period ending January, 2010 2

Fee:

There is no transaction fee associated with this offer

Offer Expiration:

August 20, 2009

Minimum Transfer Amount: 100.00
Message 18 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah, then this is a nice little offer Smiley Happy

Message 19 of 23
GovtGal
Valued Member

It is a nice offer.  I really want to take it but I'm worried they will cancel me or CLD me.
Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.