cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

COVID: Are most FI sending out BT offers again?

tag
Credit4Growth
Senior Contributor

COVID: Are most FI sending out BT offers again?

Is anyone receiving BT offers from Discover?

I remember during the 2nd half of 2020 many FI stopped sending out BT offer while a handful of member from this community were seeking them.

I do not have a need for one at this time.  I thought I'd share for those whom are interested.

Check your account and you just may find a surprise!

Screenshot_20210425-012838_Gallery.jpg

Who has received a BT offer with the past few months and from which institutions?

29 REPLIES 29
notmyrealname23
Established Contributor

Re: COVID: Are most FI sending out BT offers again?

Thank you for your interest in a Discover Balance Transfer.

Unfortunately, there are no offers available on your account at this time.

First Tech FCU Choice Rewards World MC 35k | AMEX Hilton Aspire 17.5k | Chase Southwest Priority Visa 15.5k | AMEX Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant 15k | Bilt Rewards MC 14k | Capital One Venture X 13k | Fidelity VISA Signature 11.5k | Citi AA Platinum Select 11.9k | Charles Schwab AMEX Platinum NPSL | Amex Platinum (I know) NPSL | Amex Gold NPSL | Citi Premier 8.9k | Chase Fredom Unlimited 9k | SoFi MC World Elite 8k | Capital One SavorOne 7.5k | PayPal Synchrony MC 6.4k | Citi Custom Cash 6.9k | DiscoverIt Cashback 5k | Amazon/Synchrony 5k | Hotels.com 5k | AMEX Delta Gold 3k | Apple Card 3k | Target 800 | Ch 13 filed 12/13 discharged as paid 1/19
Message 2 of 30
Credit4Growth
Senior Contributor

@notmyrealname23 wrote:

Thank you for your interest in a Discover Balance Transfer.

Unfortunately, there are no offers available on your account at this time.

😆 lol

I think many of us get that response at least 8/10 times.

When I called Discover to ask more details about this surprise offer the CSR mentioned they could not see any offers on my account and that I most likely would not receive any offer of any kind due to the CC being frozen.  Which was odd to me so o I read the offer verbatim and suddenly she able to see it, before I gave authorization to unlock the account so she could review all the details of the offer with me.

I thought that could be a good tid-bit so personally I will unfreeze my cards, not Credit Reporta, before checking my accounts for promotional offers 😉 

Message 3 of 30
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Are most FI sending out BT offers again?

@Credit4Growth wrote:

Who has received a BT offer with the past few months and from which institutions?

Besides Discover, I have received several (online and/or snail mail) from FNBO, Chase, Comenity, BoA, US Bank, Wells Fargo, Barclays, HSBC, Citi, PenFed + a few local CUs.

Message 4 of 30
Credit4Growth
Senior Contributor

Wow... okay then.

That is quite a few offers! 👍 

IMO i guess situations are moving back to pre-COIVD, at least for a short period of time.

Message 5 of 30
NichelleN
Established Contributor

I don't have any offers from Discover. But I do for BankofAmerica and PenFed. Not sure about any others...

More than enough credit.
Message 6 of 30
tcbofade
Super Contributor

As of last week, I've got offers from PenFed, Chase, and Commerce.

I'll check again later today tho.  

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 7 of 30
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Like Fin, my offers have been from places like DCU, Penfed, BBVA, Chase, SECU MD, FNBO, Commerce, Discover and Nasa FCU.

Others that normally have them, but have dried up for me are Bofa, Citi, US bank and one of my Discover CCs. Citi offers that Flex loan but not actual BTs to me presently.

There's a easy work around for the Flex loans or similar type loans using CC limits. Adding one extra step can turn them into BTs as well.

Message 8 of 30
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

My Disco BT offers only disappeared for a short time and came right back again and are still there. The problem is that they are the runt of all of my cards and will just not budge on a CLI. Ironic that the only lender that doesn't trust me with any type of substantial increase is the one offering me BTs! 

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 9 of 30
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Ive been permanently banned from offers for awhile. My guess is those with very strong profiles are the ones with continous offers and others just hit and miss. The only lender who has actually sent me checks is Sears. PSECU has emailed me offers where i can call in for checks or they pay the lender directly. Boa and Disco told me to go Chase FUSmiley Wink

Message 10 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.