cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CR Freeze Stopping current creditors from pulling a hard.

tag
ReVeLaTeD
Regular Contributor

Re: CR Freeze Stopping current creditors from pulling a hard.

@DI wrote:

Sometime on a whim, I'd apply for a credit card that I do not need.  Having the freeze on my reports helped  fight my addiction submitting applications.  For example, I applied for a Pay Pal card just because they teasing it when I logged in.  The next day, I regretted it.  But fortunately they were not able to pull my report due to the freeze and no new inquiry occured. 

That's an awesome quantification for freezes.  I did the same deal with Amex.

Credit Cards:
| Cabrillo Credit Union MasterCard @ $3,000 | Chevron Visa @ $2,000 | Amazon Store Card @ $1,800 | HSBC 2% Rewards MasterCard @ $950 (redeemed themselves)
Message 21 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

I might add that freezing your credit report does not prevent all hard INQs.

The US Attorney (civil or criminal) can make a hard pull at any time as can a child support agency.  These INQs are traditionally hard and whether or not your CR is frozen is irrelevant.

Message 22 of 44
DI
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

The US Attorney (civil or criminal) can make a hard pull at any time as can a child support agency.  These INQs are traditionally hard and whether or not your CR is frozen is irrelevant.

The US Attorney and Child Support Agency are not  creditors.  We are talking about preventing hard pulls from creditors. 

Message 23 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DI wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The US Attorney and Child Support Agency are not  creditors.  We are talking about preventing hard pulls from creditors. 

False.

Child support agencies are creditors.  When the US Attorney (civil division) pulls your credit it is because the government is a creditor.

Each of the INQs will effect your FICO as if it were Citibank that placed the INQ.  A potential creditor will see the INQ as an application for credit ... or worse.

Message 24 of 44
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

@DI wrote:

Sometime on a whim, I'd apply for a credit card that I do not need.  Having the freeze on my reports helped  fight my addiction submitting applications.  For example, I applied for a Pay Pal card just because they teasing it when I logged in.  The next day, I regretted it.  But fortunately they were not able to pull my report due to the freeze and no new inquiry occured. 

+ 1

Message 25 of 44
DI
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@DI wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

False.

Child support agencies are creditors.  When the US Attorney (civil division) pulls your credit it is because the government is a creditor.

Each of the INQs will effect your FICO as if it were Citibank that placed the INQ.  A potential creditor will see the INQ as an application for credit ... or worse.

Child support agencies do not pay funds to the children.  They only faciilitate the funds. The parents pay the funds and child support sends it to the guardian. 

Message 26 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DI wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@DI wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

False.

Child support agencies do not pay funds to the children.  They only faciilitate the funds. The parents pay the funds and child support sends it to the guardian. 

False again.

Most of the time when a child support agency is involved it is because the custodial parent is on TANF.  That means the child support goes to the state to reimburse the costs of TANF. 

Are there any other straws you want to grasp at?

In any event, it is a hard INQ, it effects your credit score and potential and existing creditors will see it regardless of any freeze you may have.

Message 27 of 44
DI
Super Contributor

Stick with the subject. We are talking about financial institutions that extends credit. No some agency that's feeding someone else's kid. This is obviously not the forum to discuss that.
Message 28 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DI wrote:
Stick with the subject. We are talking about financial institutions that extends credit. No some agency that's feeding someone else's kid. This is obviously not the forum to discuss that.

I know you are confused, but not only do you not own this thread, but the fact is that there are posters who have indicated that they believe that a freeze will prevent all hard INQs even though that is not the case. 

You, yourself, have mistakenly indicated that "Creditors can only make a soft inquiry when a freeze is in place whether one already have credit with them or not."  This is not true.  It further developed that you believe that  the government and / or a child support agency cannot be creditors.  Again, you are misinformed.  

You are free to ignore posts that you do not like, but you do not own the thread.  Many of us had the common courtesy to ignore your posts about defrauding your creditors.  You might show the same good education and upbringing and do likewise with others.

Message 29 of 44
DI
Super Contributor

You do what's best for you and I will continue to do the same. My 44 accounts are not all in good standing because you think I defrauded them.
Message 30 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.