Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CREDIT ONE

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CREDIT ONE

@Anonymous wrote:

I have several other cards...Merril Lynch..Amex BCP...Fairmont...IHG...Discover..etc...It does not hurt anything being active, I use it often on amall things just for the line, age etc.....It aint broke so I aint fixen..

With great cards like you have, I'm not sure why you'd keep it open unless it's the fee-free one. It'll still stay on the reports for 10 years. Why get nickle and dimed to death in fees when you've got a profile that obviously supports much better lines with reputable banks, especially since it's never going to grow like the others? 

Not judging btw...there's just a good reason why most of the board recoils in horror when someone talks about Credit One. 

Message 11 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a $700 limit when I closed them just this month.  I didn't have any problems with them always PIF but once I got better cards there was just no point paying the AF monthly to them.  CapOne Plat is the only one with an AF now.  I really hate AF's!  Didn't hurt my credit at all closing them.

Message 12 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

Today I did what CAP1 calls combining cards..I had 2 platinum cards....called and I closed 1 allowing CL to migrate over to other card,,,now 1 5k limit vs 2 2500...60 days im apping 4 Venture card

Message 13 of 52
JayRizzo
Established Contributor

For those who may have seen limits greater than $1500, your eyes have not decieved you.  Credit One Bank used to be First National Bank of Marin back in the early 2000's where their only product was a Gold Visa that had a cap of $2500.  After the name change and financial fiasco of 2008-2009, most all banks became extremely conservative.  Those banks whom we're giving praise today for their great rewards and incentives were the main ones raising sky-high interest rates, cutting limits, and even closing accounts to protect themselves... but, back to the topic, Credit One Bank put their old Gold card out to pasture and introduced their Platinum product around 2010.  Unfortunately, the cap on the new product is only $1500 as they cater to those with less than perfect credit with an expectation of higher than normal default rate, therefore, you'll never see 5-10k products with that company.

Message 14 of 52
23matched
New Contributor

I had a 2k limit with them but they nicke and dime you on CLIs. $24.95 for $150, $19.95 for $150, then if you ignore them it moves to $19.95 or $200......Closed them but if someone needs to start out, it's ok. However, you cannot select your payment date, payments are processed the same day but your account balance will not reflect this for 7-10 days. I suppose they are not flexible with payment days in hope customers will incur a late charge. 

Message 15 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a $1750 limit on mine. Going to close very soon.
Message 16 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been a lurker here for the last year and I am trying to clean up my credit.  I actually searched for "credit one GW" and this thread came up.  I have 1 30 day late with them and I was trying to see if anyone has had any luck.  

Anyhow,  I have a $2500 CL with them.  I have had the account for almost 5 years now.  It started off small, but it has grown over the years.  It took awhile, but it did.  It is currently my highest CL, and while the terms are crummy, I don't want to close it. I know I am probably in the minority, but It has been good to me.

Message 17 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

Honestly this was a great starter card 2 years ago I never had issues. But once you establish history like 6 months you should move on to another/better credit card. Then close it before the next AF.
Message 18 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY SIGNIFICANT CL WITH THESE GUYS? They seem very conservative...cheap,,stingy whatever fits

This is actually a rebuilder card. I had it for 2 years and went from 500 to 1200 and after that tthey didn't budge. By that time though I had already aquired better cards so I promptly closed the account(with pleasure).Smiley Happy

Message 19 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have been a lurker here for the last year and I am trying to clean up my credit.  I actually searched for "credit one GW" and this thread came up.  I have 1 30 day late with them and I was trying to see if anyone has had any luck.  

I had one 30 day late with them also. I wrote a letter to ask them to remove it and they did. I was shocked but it happened. Good Luck!!

Message 20 of 52
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.