Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP 80,000 points offer

tag
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

CSP 80,000 points offer

Crazy 80k offer and same spend. I wish my referral link was showing this as P2 is about to PC and re-apply. 

https://creditcards.chase.com/rewards-credit-cards/sapphire/preferred?fbclid=IwAR1oC7daNfDBW0HX-36ep...

BBF56833-F9D3-4886-8855-E44A3C18C851.jpeg

39 REPLIES 39
SecretAzure
Valued Contributor

Re: CSP 80,000 points offer

I wonder if this is to bait the last group of interested people to app for this before they revise the card like they just did with Freedom -> Freedom Flex. As it stands now, the card is a lot less interesting...even compared to the no AF cards. 

"Show your thanks with action! Hit the "Kudos" button (the stripe with the star) for every post you find helpful to show your appreciation to the community of great individuals who help you on these forums" -Me

Active Cards: Chevron Texaco, Amex BCE, Barclays Ring, Chase Freedom, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Best Buy Visa, Marvel MCMust garden until 2/1/2022 to hit my goal AAOA. Smiley Indifferent
Message 2 of 40
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

@SecretAzure wrote:

I wonder if this is to bait the last group of interested people to app for this before they revise the card like they just did with Freedom -> Freedom Flex. As it stands now, the card is a lot less interesting...even compared to the no AF cards. 

It would take quite a bit of spend to overtake 80k points even with a 99 annual fee though. Can always PC after a year. 60k point difference. 

Message 3 of 40
blindambition
Senior Contributor

That's a sweet SUB!! I think I'm switching mine to CFF. Not getting much use... Wondering how they're going to keep that card attractive with new launch.

Message 4 of 40
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

@blindambition wrote:

That's a sweet SUB!! I think I'm switching mine to CFF. Not getting much use... Wondering how they're going to keep that card attractive with new launch.

Unless 80,000 pts is it. lol

Message 5 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

man..80k points

might need to hit up the branch this week to see if i got any preapprovals or something

Message 6 of 40
Citylights18
Valued Contributor

@SecretAzure wrote:

They were trotting out higher than the usual 70k-80k points offer back in the Dec-Jan timeframe this past year.

I think the decision is to use the elevated points to push more consumers into the CSP rather than load in with the CSR which seems like what most people want to do. CSR is attracting the heavy users going overboard on 3x travel.

Official travel point totals as of 12/26/23 (1,382,693 Total Points)
Chase Ultimate Rewards 661,525 | IHG One Rewards 144,443 | Hilton Honors 143,801 | AMEX Membership Rewards 102,729 | World of Hyatt 90,413 | Marriott Bonvoy 65,343 | Citi Thank You 62,712 | Wells Fargo Rewards 33,652 | Southwest Rapid Rewards 28,105 | United MileagePlus 13,316 | British Airways Avios 12,333 | Jet Blue TrueBlue 11,661 | NASA Platinum Rewards 1,883 | AA Advantage 1,744 | Navy Federal Rewards 792 | Delta Sky Miles 175 | Virgin Atlantic Virgin Points 100 | Lowes Business Rewards 6,992 ($69.92) | Amazon Rewards 475 ($4.75) | Discover CB 499 ($4.99)
Message 7 of 40
coreysw12
Valued Contributor

That's awesome, that is a HUGE signup bonus!

But...

I hope this isn't the extent of the Sapphire revamp that we've all been waiting for.

Total Loan Balance: $43k / $65k

Total SL: $78k

United 1K - 725,000 lifetime flight miles    |    Chase Status: 4/24
Message 8 of 40
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

@Citylights18 wrote:

@SecretAzure wrote:

They were trotting out higher than the usual 70k-80k points offer back in the Dec-Jan timeframe this past year.

I think the decision is to use the elevated points to push more consumers into the CSP rather than load in with the CSR which seems like what most people want to do. CSR is attracting the heavy users going overboard on 3x travel.

Elevated offers also bring people to the Chase Credit Cards section which introduces new traffic for their "new" Chase Freedom Flex card. Smart move JPM Chase.

Message 9 of 40
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

Yep, 80,000 points is now showing as the public offer on the Chase website.  You don't even have to be logged in to see it.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 10 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.