Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP 80,000 points offer

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CSP 80,000 points offer

@coreysw12 wrote:

FWIW, 20,000 extra bonus points are worth at least 2 years of annual fees (4 years of AF's if you go by TPG's valuations), so even if your CSP goes totally unused for the first year that you have it, you'd still come out way ahead versus waiting a year and missing the +20k bonus. And if you still don't have any use for it by then, you could PC it to a non-AF card and pocket the rest of the SUB.

On the flip side, waiting 2 years and getting the 60k SUB (or whatever's offered then) will net me the same overall, by not having 2 years of AF on a card I likely won't use for its intended purpose for at least that long.

A CSP app would have to be timed with large annual spend in order to meet the SUB, so it would have to be toward the end of the year so I can drop my property tax and insurance bills on it.  Otherwise, I'll have trouble reaching $4k in 90 days.

I'm gardening with frozen reports now, for at least another year, so no apps even if they offered 800,000 points.

Message 31 of 40
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/source-chase-sapphire-preferred-80000-points-bonus-will-be-available-...

Rumored 11/8/2020 end date.

Lots of people were asking about how long the new Chase Sapphire Preferred 80,000 points signup bonus will last, as people try working out the timing of their applications in terms of eligibility and other factors.

I don’t believe there’s been any official word on that, but reader Dev got an interesting reply from Chase when requesting a signup bonus match. The Chase reply was “this offer is only available to accounts opened between September 13, 2020 through November 8, 2020.”

Message 32 of 40
coreysw12
Valued Contributor

@randomguy1 wrote:

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/source-chase-sapphire-preferred-80000-points-bonus-will-be-available-...

Rumored 11/8/2020 end date.

Lots of people were asking about how long the new Chase Sapphire Preferred 80,000 points signup bonus will last, as people try working out the timing of their applications in terms of eligibility and other factors.

I don’t believe there’s been any official word on that, but reader Dev got an interesting reply from Chase when requesting a signup bonus match. The Chase reply was “this offer is only available to accounts opened between September 13, 2020 through November 8, 2020.”

Haha, sounds like a Chase employee has loose lips

Total Loan Balance: $43k / $65k

Total SL: $78k

United 1K - 725,000 lifetime flight miles    |    Chase Status: 4/24
Message 33 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

november 8, huh?

looks like i might be getting out the garden soon

Message 34 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmm.... app in late October/early November, put insurance and property tax bills on it, plus a couple other things to hit spend for SUB, use higher limit to treat myself to something nice for birthday/Xmas.

Or don't app and keep my gardening stint going.... really want to hit 0 inquiries next year.

Do I really want an AF card geared toward travel when I don't know if I'll even be traveling for the next year or two, SUB or not.  CFU has higher rewards for dining now, plus 5% for travel purchased on Chase portal.

Decisions, decisions.

Message 35 of 40
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hmm.... app in late October/early November, put insurance and property tax bills on it, plus a couple other things to hit spend for SUB, use higher limit to treat myself to something nice for birthday/Xmas.

Or don't app and keep my gardening stint going.... really want to hit 0 inquiries next year.

Do I really want an AF card geared toward travel when I don't know if I'll even be traveling for the next year or two, SUB or not.  CFU has higher rewards for dining now, plus 5% for travel purchased on Chase portal.

Decisions, decisions.

The 99 AF more than pays for itself with the extra 20k points. You can product change in a year if you don't find the card valuable. CFU/CF use UR anyways.  

Message 36 of 40
SecretAzure
Valued Contributor

@randomguy1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Decisions, decisions.

The 99 AF more than pays for itself with the extra 20k points. You can product change in a year if you don't find the card valuable. CFU/CF use UR anyways.  

This right here is why I'm keeping my Chase Freedom as a Visa. So when I do get CSP/CSR and it stops making sense to keep it, I could PC to Flex.

"Show your thanks with action! Hit the "Kudos" button (the stripe with the star) for every post you find helpful to show your appreciation to the community of great individuals who help you on these forums" -Me

Active Cards: Chevron Texaco, Amex BCE, Barclays Ring, Chase Freedom, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Best Buy Visa, Marvel MCMust garden until 2/1/2022 to hit my goal AAOA. Smiley Indifferent
Message 37 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a CFU already, and I don't apply for cards just for the SUB.  It needs to be something I can take advantage of long term.

I don't see CSP being useful, at least at this point.  If I got one now, I'd spend on it to earn the SUB and then in the sock drawer it goes.  Waste of two HPs IMO.  I'd probably end up closing it in a couple years, unless travel picks back up and I start doing so.

I'll just wait until I'm ready to travel and THEN get a CSP.  There will be more bonus offers I'm sure.

Message 38 of 40
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a CFU already, and I don't apply for cards just for the SUB.  It needs to be something I can take advantage of long term.

I don't see CSP being useful, at least at this point.  If I got one now, I'd spend on it to earn the SUB and then in the sock drawer it goes.  Waste of two HPs IMO.  I'd probably end up closing it in a couple years, unless travel picks back up and I start doing so.

I'll just wait until I'm ready to travel and THEN get a CSP.  There will be more bonus offers I'm sure.

The product change allows you to be flexible in the card you want long term. But if you don't want to sign up for it and switch in a year, that's certainly your choice.

Message 39 of 40
Peteyglad
Established Contributor

I bit. The points were just too good to pass up. 

Chase Sapphire Preferred 20k | Amex Delta Platinum 20k | Amex Hilton Aspire 20k | US Bank Cash+ 25k | Chase Amazon Prime 25k | Barclaycard Aviator Red 40k | Bank of America Alaska Airlines 42k | Chase Marriott 50k | Discover It 50.3k | Amex EDP 52k | Citi Thank You Premier 56K | Bank of America BBR 57.9k
Message 40 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.