cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP 80,000 points offer

Highlighted
Moderator

Re: CSP 80,000 points offer

Sub is amazing.  Sent out link when I saw earlier today to a few friends so they can collect 800+ dollars depending on how they choose to use it.  Sure it has to do with the Freedom Flex and something to come on CSP/CSR although you think they would of done something simliar for the CSR..

Message 11 of 40
Highlighted
Established Contributor

Re: CSP 80,000 points offer


@UpperNwGuy wrote:

Yep, 80,000 points is now showing as the public offer on the Chase website.  You don't even have to be logged in to see it.


And that's noteworthy because I think most (or maybe all?) of the other >60k point SUB's in the recent past were targeted, not for general public

    Combined Loan Balances: $29k / $70k
    Total SL: $26.9k
Goal cards:



United 1K - 675,000 lifetime flight miles     |     Chase 4/24
Message 12 of 40
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: CSP 80,000 points offer


@coreysw12 wrote:

@UpperNwGuy wrote:

Yep, 80,000 points is now showing as the public offer on the Chase website.  You don't even have to be logged in to see it.


And that's noteworthy because I think most (or maybe all?) of the other >60k point SUB's in the recent past were targeted, not for general public


One of the Chase Ink cards recently had an 80,000 point signup bonus that was open to the general public.  That offer stayed up for a full year.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Freedom Unlimited • Chase United MileagePlus • UNFCU Azure
Message 13 of 40
Highlighted
Established Contributor

Re: CSP 80,000 points offer


@UpperNwGuy wrote:

@coreysw12 wrote:

@UpperNwGuy wrote:

Yep, 80,000 points is now showing as the public offer on the Chase website.  You don't even have to be logged in to see it.


And that's noteworthy because I think most (or maybe all?) of the other >60k point SUB's in the recent past were targeted, not for general public


One of the Chase Ink cards recently had an 80,000 point signup bonus that was open to the general public.  That offer stayed up for a full year.


You're correct, I was meaning specifically about the CSP though, my bad

    Combined Loan Balances: $29k / $70k
    Total SL: $26.9k
Goal cards:



United 1K - 675,000 lifetime flight miles     |     Chase 4/24
Message 14 of 40
Highlighted
Moderator

Re: CSP 80,000 points offer

Very nice offer indeed. Chase, if you're listening, if you're not going to improve the CSR then please allow folks to have the CSP/CSR combo.

I was thinking of downgrading my CSR but I'm hoping there is something on the horizon as I'd hate to PC and then regret it. Two months out from CSR renewal...fingers crossed for some kind of announcement.
Message 15 of 40
Highlighted
Established Contributor

Re: CSP 80,000 points offer


@Loquat wrote:
Very nice offer indeed. Chase, if you're listening, if you're not going to improve the CSR then please allow folks to have the CSP/CSR combo.

What would that combo be able to do, that the CSR by itself can't do? I thought the CSR had everything the CSP has, plus more.

 

Their 48mo SUB restriction applies to all sapphire products, so even if you could have both cards, you could only get one SUB or the other (within 48 months), unless they change that policy too, which I can't really imagine they're interested in doing. They have a strong disdain for card churners, so it doesn't seem like promoting card churning would be in their best interest.

    Combined Loan Balances: $29k / $70k
    Total SL: $26.9k
Goal cards:



United 1K - 675,000 lifetime flight miles     |     Chase 4/24
Message 16 of 40
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: CSP 80,000 points offer


@coreysw12 wrote:

@Loquat wrote:
Very nice offer indeed. Chase, if you're listening, if you're not going to improve the CSR then please allow folks to have the CSP/CSR combo.

What would that combo be able to do, that the CSR by itself can't do? I thought the CSR had everything the CSP has, plus more.

 

Their 48mo SUB restriction applies to all sapphire products, so even if you could have both cards, you could only get one SUB or the other (within 48 months), unless they change that policy too, which I can't really imagine they're interested in doing. They have a strong disdain for card churners, so it doesn't seem like promoting card churning would be in their best interest.


They would have to make them different so there is synergy like the Gold\Platinum

Message 17 of 40
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: CSP 80,000 points offer

It's a sweat deal, lets hope it stays around for the "possible" refresh! Unfortunately I'm still 24 months away from being eligible for the SUB. 






Message 18 of 40
Highlighted
Established Contributor

Re: CSP 80,000 points offer


@Janus wrote:

It's a sweat deal, lets hope it stays around for the "possible" refresh! Unfortunately I'm still 24 months away from being eligible for the SUB. 


I'm a mere 32 months away... so close I can smell it Smiley LOL

    Combined Loan Balances: $29k / $70k
    Total SL: $26.9k
Goal cards:



United 1K - 675,000 lifetime flight miles     |     Chase 4/24
Message 19 of 40
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: CSP 80,000 points offer


@randomguy1 wrote:

@coreysw12 wrote:

@Loquat wrote:
Very nice offer indeed. Chase, if you're listening, if you're not going to improve the CSR then please allow folks to have the CSP/CSR combo.

What would that combo be able to do, that the CSR by itself can't do? I thought the CSR had everything the CSP has, plus more.

 

Their 48mo SUB restriction applies to all sapphire products, so even if you could have both cards, you could only get one SUB or the other (within 48 months), unless they change that policy too, which I can't really imagine they're interested in doing. They have a strong disdain for card churners, so it doesn't seem like promoting card churning would be in their best interest.


They would have to make them different so there is synergy like the Gold\Platinum


Exactly.  I had been hoping for the last couple of years that Chase would take a lesson from Amex's successful refresh of the Gold card and refresh the CSP to focus on gas and groceries rather than on the same dining and travel categories that the CSR uses.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Freedom Unlimited • Chase United MileagePlus • UNFCU Azure
Message 20 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.