cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP Authorized Users get the 25% point bonus?

tag
TyRacing
Frequent Contributor

CSP Authorized Users get the 25% point bonus?

Anyone know if Chase Sapphire Preferred Authorized Users also get the 25% point bonus for traveling?

Thank you for all the support!

Have the Following:

CashBack Cards Goals: Citi Rewards+

Note to Self: Focus on the Abundance of Love and you shall have more!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Re: CSP Authorized Users get the 25% point bonus?

@TyRacing wrote:

Anyone know if Chase Sapphire Preferred Authorized Users also get the 25% point bonus for traveling?

The spend that AUs put on CSP earns URs like the primary card does. Primary and AUs get 2x URs for travel/dining and 1x on other things.

The 25% has to do with redeeming URs through the Chase Travel website. Points are worth 1.25 cents each instead of 1 cent each.

If the primary books travel through Chase Travel for an AU, then points are still worth 1.25 cents each. I booked a flight for my mother a few months ago, paying ~24k URs for a ~$360 ticket. That's 1.5 cents per point with CSR (not CSP), and my mother isn't even an AU on the card.

And she was flying solo. It wasn't like she was my companion on the same itinerary.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 2 of 4
TyRacing
Frequent Contributor

@wasCB14 wrote:

@TyRacing wrote:

The spend that AUs put on CSP earns URs like the primary card does. Primary and AUs get 2x URs for travel/dining and 1x on other things.

The 25% has to do with redeeming URs through the Chase Travel website. Points are worth 1.25 cents each instead of 1 cent each.

If the primary books travel through Chase Travel for an AU, then points are still worth 1.25 cents each. I booked a flight for my mother a few months ago, paying ~24k URs for a ~$360 ticket. That's 1.5 cents per point with CSR (not CSP), and my mother isn't even an AU on the card.

And she was flying solo. It wasn't like she was my companion on the same itinerary.

so you saying the AU can not redeem points and doesn't have acess the Chase Travel?

Have the Following:

CashBack Cards Goals: Citi Rewards+

Note to Self: Focus on the Abundance of Love and you shall have more!

Message 3 of 4
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@TyRacing wrote:

@wasCB14 wrote:

@TyRacing wrote:

so you saying the AU can not redeem points and doesn't have acess the Chase Travel?

I added her to my Hyatt card in 2015 so she'd have a no-FTF card. I know she didn't have access to the Hyatt card account through her online login (she's a Freedom and checking/savings customer) around 2016 because she needed me to look up whether some transactions had posted.

Whether she could have added access to the account somehow, or whether this has changed since 2016, I don't know.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.