cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP? BCP? MB? Ritz? FINAL UPDATE PENDING AMEX DECISION AND RITZ!

tag
HunterAX61

Re: CSP? BCP? MB? Ritz?

Will AMEX backdate the BCP/PRG Charge if approved? I hope so

Message 11 of 43
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

I think the Ritz is a call in if you want the annual fee free for the first year.. there's a thread with a promo code to use when you app. I don't know if you can use that code online. So maybe call in to them first? They tend to give the largest CLs with Chase that I've seen. Plus you get like 70k points or miles or whatever their equivalent is.

Message 12 of 43
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@HunterAX61 wrote:

Will AMEX backdate the BCP/PRG Charge if approved? I hope so

Yes, you would just call once approved or when you receive the card and say that you'd like to make sure that you retained your member since date. (Don't say backdate Smiley Wink )

Message 13 of 43
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Amex will backdate your cc's if they can find your information- since it's still reporting that shouldn't be an issue.

Chase will not use the same hp for the CSP and Ritz. Are you near a Chase branch?
Message 14 of 43
colinstu
Regular Contributor

I think you should app for CSP first, a poster mentioned that Chase will see you apping right before and might give you the message... but if you app for them first, no harm done and no message either. 

Since you have no open accounts with Amex they might give you a new date, but a simple call should have that all fixed for you no problem. 

I think you should go for the BCP before the PRG.

FICOs: TU 775 | EQ 784 | EX 773
Amex BCE $15,000 | Discover IT $11,600 | Chase Freedom $7,000 (Visa Sig) | Citi DoubleCash $6,000 (WEMC) | Chase AARP $6,000 | Barclaycard CashForward $4,000 | Barclaycard Rewards $2,000 | Capital One Quicksilver $1,750
Message 15 of 43
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

I agree with colinstu. GL and let us know! Smiley Happy
Message 16 of 43
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

If you are near a branch, apping inside would lower your spend requirement to $2000 instead of $3000.
Message 17 of 43
HunterAX61

Ok unlocked my reports, waiting the 15 minutes to open. Will app in an hour. CSP first-Amex both consecutively  BCP-PRG

Wish me luck!!

Message 18 of 43
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

@HunterAX61 wrote:

Ok unlocked my reports, waiting the 15 minutes to open. Will app in an hour. CSP first-Amex both consecutively  BCP-PRG

Wish me luck!!

Why not the  CSP, Amex PRG and MB together they both earn MR points in everyday categories at a higher rate plus if you plan on getting a MB then the $500 dollar credit per year and extra miles per year on lease outweigh the AF and the rewards you would get on the BCP.  If you app the PRG online and get approved I would call in on the MB app to see if you can app and get the 10k bonus.  I think you would because one is charge and the other a revolver.

Message 19 of 43
HunterAX61

Well I applied- CSP INSTANT APPROVAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Smiley Very Happy then I applied for RITZ.........7-10 Days.......I was feeling to arrogant after CSP instant!

AMEX-15 Days.......Currently "in processing" Good? Bad? Declined?

Applied for Amex BCP/MB/PRG Charge.........All are in process.......Hopefully I wont get 3 inq on EX and get declined in the end.....

Message 20 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.