Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP Blueprint

tag
orl22
New Contributor

CSP Blueprint

Has anyone ever used Blueprint? I tried it out for the first time. I'm not sure if I understand it correctly or not. I thought that if you paid the Blueprint amount that you would not be charge interest. That was how it was explained to me. Chase customer service rep set it up for me. Per the statement, I only had to pay $176.72. So I set up bill payment to pay this amount. So now I'm wondering why I'm being charged $19.24 on interest. If I knew that I was going to be charge interest, I would've paid more on the balance. Next month, Blueprint payment is suppose to be $1190.19. I have a balance of $3299.52 on the card as of the last statement date which is 11/13/12. I'm afraid to just pay on that Blueprint amount if I'm going to be charge interest again. This month I made $33.59 in reward only to pay them $19.24 in interest.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Re: CSP Blueprint

@orl22 wrote:

Has anyone ever used Blueprint? I tried it out for the first time. I'm not sure if I understand it correctly or not. I thought that if you paid the Blueprint amount that you would not be charge interest. That was how it was explained to me.

Blueprint is only useful if you are currently carrying a balance from 0% BT.

The way it works is that selected categories will not be charged of interest if you PIF on selected cateogries. If you use the card for purchase only having Blueprint on or off does not matter. By paying Blueprint amount any balance not on selcted categories will be charged of interest. If you pick all categories then it is the same as PIF your entire purchase balance.

To make full use of Blueprint, you must currently carrying balance from 0% BT. Pick all categories and pay Blueprint amount. Then your purchase amount will not be charged of interest even though your entire balance is not PIF.

Message 2 of 3
orl22
New Contributor

Re: CSP Blueprint

Thanks. I remember she did mentioned something about categories. Looks like she added gas and groceries. It makes more sense now. Thanks

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.