Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP IS BEEEEEAUTIFUL!

tag
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Re: CSP IS BEEEEEAUTIFUL!

Quoting is too diffcult and takes up too much space. I just type and try to address all posters hahaha
Well@mongstradamus... It's 2 pts on that travel stuff and RESTAURANTS(forgot that one!)
My fav category! So basically it's 2% cash if you want cash, and 2.5% if you redeem for travel.
My math may be a little off. I eat out a lot since Im single and hate going to the grocery store, so the 2pts on restaurants will work superbly for me.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 31 of 71
hrdsurfer
New Contributor

Its a great card. I've had mine less than a month and i've been treating my BCE like a red headed step child. I go out most nights of the week, so I'm loving the 2x dining points. The card fits me perfect. The BCE has basically been relegated to grocery store duty, which isn't all that much. 

Bk7 2019 current: Interior FCU 25K SL, Venture x 15k SL, bread cb 9k, Amazon store card 7k mercury 4.5k, c1 plat. 4k
Message 32 of 71
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

The love for the CSP comes from three sources:

1) It's metal.  Apparently important to some, but I can find quite a lot of metal around my house, so I don't quite get why this is such a big deal.  But for some it is!

2) Large sign-up bonus.   This means you should get the card if you can, even if you cancel after one year (to avoid the AF).

3) Transfer.  UR points can be transferred to partner hotels and airlines, maximizing rewards value (2-4 cents a point for example, sometimes more).

If you don't do 3) then you can still get it (for reason 2) and cancel after a year, because if you don't transfer, there are better cards around.

Message 33 of 71
sillykitty1
Established Contributor

@snowkitty wrote:

Also, does your next statement date on the csp keep changing?

YES!  I received a Marriott a month ago and my CSP last week.  The Marriott statement date kept changing, and then all of the sudden I got an email my statement was available!  Arrghh ... reporting over 50% utility on that card, and 20% of my total credit line.  Not planning to app, but I'd like to see what I can get credit score to, at 1-9% utlization.  Annoying because the money is sitting in my Chase bank account too!  My CSP date has changd at least once in the past week as well.

But, I might have found a trick, my next payment due date never changed.  And my statement cut 25 days prior to my next payment due. So I'm thinking the 25 days might be static, and you can calculate the statement date from that ... maybe!

Message 34 of 71
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Interesting for me, i am not quite sure if its worth it for me since I think Costco already nets me 2% . I will just keep tabs on everybody's thoughts on the card. I rarely travel these days

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 35 of 71
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:

Thinking just bc I'm 24 and younger looking(I still get ID'ed when I go out) that I wouldn't get approved!

I'm twenty three and most people think I'm sixteen or seventeen so if I play Mega Millions when it gets up there, they always ask for license. Two years ago I went for a job interview at Rent a Center(ughSmiley Embarassed) and he was like, "I'm not supposed to ask this, but are you even 18? You look 14.". So I like that I don't look my age, but it's sometimes an annoyance.

The due date confused me too. It did end up giving me two full months, which was awesome.

Message 36 of 71
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

Interesting for me, i am not quite sure if its worth it for me since I think Costco already nets me 2% . I will just keep tabs on everybody's thoughts on the card. I rarely travel these days

Then not a good match, except worth getting for the bonus (although there are other cards with similar bonuses).

Message 37 of 71
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

If you cash in the 40k pts for $400 and get the $2k spend req., that's 20% cashback, right ? Lol 400/2000

@navigatethis- I like looking young haha EXCEPT that I have to work extra hard to get taken seriously -.-
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 38 of 71
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

Then not a good match, except worth getting for the bonus (although there are other cards with similar bonuses).

Yeah seems like its not worth it for me ,right now I am just looking for strong cash back cards. Right now sporting bcp,Costco,discover,and freedom. I am just interested to see what other cards there are out there 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 39 of 71
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

Yeah seems like its not worth it for me ,right now I am just looking for strong cash back cards. Right now sporting bcp,Costco,discover,and freedom. I am just interested to see what other cards there are out there 

US Bank Cash Plus. Fidelity Amex.  But neither have good bonuses, which should be part of the decision when going for cash back cards.

Message 40 of 71
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.