tag
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Re: CSP IS BEEEEEAUTIFUL!

@longtimelurker wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

Interesting for me, i am not quite sure if its worth it for me since I think Costco already nets me 2% . I will just keep tabs on everybody's thoughts on the card. I rarely travel these days

Then not a good match, except worth getting for the bonus (although there are other cards with similar bonuses).

Yeah seems like its not worth it for me ,right now I am just looking for strong cash back cards. Right now sporting bcp,Costco,discover,and freedom. I am just interested to see what other cards there are out there 

US Bank Cash Plus. Fidelity Amex.  But neither have good bonuses, which should be part of the decision when going for cash back cards.

I don't know if I am doing it right with cash back cards, but I use Costco/bcp for most everyday purchases , and then freedom/it for bonuses if they are applicable to me

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 41 of 71
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@navigatethis12 wrote:

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:

Thinking just bc I'm 24 and younger looking(I still get ID'ed when I go out) that I wouldn't get approved!

I'm twenty three and most people think I'm sixteen or seventeen so if I play Mega Millions when it gets up there, they always ask for license. Two years ago I went for a job interview at Rent a Center(ughSmiley Embarassed) and he was like, "I'm not supposed to ask this, but are you even 18? You look 14.". So I like that I don't look my age, but it's sometimes an annoyance.

The due date confused me too. It did end up giving me two full months, which was awesome.

I know exactly how you feel. I'm in my early 30s and people mistake me for being in my mid-20s until I start speaking.

I remember being a meeting once when one of my new (and younger) staff members asked if I was the student representative. When I said no, she didn't waste any time and started flirting with me.

Another staff member walked in, looked at us talking and said to her "So I see you've met the new director. You two seem to be getting along swimmingly!" The look on her face was absolutely priceless, although she was quite awkward with me for the next few months.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 42 of 71
hrdsurfer
New Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

The love for the CSP comes from three sources:

1) It's metal.  Apparently important to some, but I can find quite a lot of metal around my house, so I don't quite get why this is such a big deal.  But for some it is!

2) Large sign-up bonus.   This means you should get the card if you can, even if you cancel after one year (to avoid the AF).

3) Transfer.  UR points can be transferred to partner hotels and airlines, maximizing rewards value (2-4 cents a point for example, sometimes more).

If you don't do 3) then you can still get it (for reason 2) and cancel after a year, because if you don't transfer, there are better cards around.

#3 was a big one for me. I love the 1:1 transfer to either my RR account or my marriot account. Before I got the CSP I had looked at both the SWA and Marriot card, but I'm a lot happier not being pigeon-holed with my points. Even with marriot points being transferable to airlines (not SWA IIRC,) I still like the flexibility of the points, and the bonuses on what I spend the most on. I travel for a living, so all in all its a pretty tough card to beat. It doesnt hurt that it looks pretty damn cool also. 

Bk7 2019 current: Interior FCU 25K SL, Venture x 15k SL, bread cb 9k, Amazon store card 7k mercury 4.5k, c1 plat. 4k
Message 43 of 71
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@CreditScholar wrote:

I know exactly how you feel. I'm in my early 30s and people mistake me for being in my mid-20s until I start speaking.

I remember being a meeting once when one of my new (and younger) staff members asked if I was the student representative. When I said no, she didn't waste any time and started flirting with me.

Another staff member walked in, looked at us talking and said to her "So I see you've met the new director. You two seem to be getting along swimmingly!" The look on her face was absolutely priceless, although she was quite awkward with me for the next few months.

Haha that must have been great. I reckon next time she won't be so forward. Although, it's a compliment that she was interested in you so quickly I suppose.

Message 44 of 71
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@navigatethis12 wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

Haha that must have been great. I reckon next time she won't be so forward. Although, it's a compliment that she was interested in you so quickly I suppose.

Well I'm pretty fortunate-looking, and she was quite hot as well. However I know better than to get involved in that kind of stuff at work, especially when there is such a power difference.

What would worry me is if I was the student represenatitve, and she kept on going anyways. I know students are still adults, but it can become problematic under certain circumstances.

I didn't hold her behaviour against her, since I just chalked it up to her age. She was probably 19-20 who takes care of clerical and admin tasks for us. She is more cautious nowadays, and the awkwardness has (mostly) gone away. If anything, I think it bothered her more than it did me.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 45 of 71
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@CreditScholar wrote:

Well I'm pretty fortunate-looking, and she was quite hot as well. However I know better than to get involved in that kind of stuff at work, especially when there is such a power difference.

What would worry me is if I was the student represenatitve, and she kept on going anyways. I know students are still adults, but it can become problematic under certain circumstances.

I didn't hold her behaviour against her, since I just chalked it up to her age. She was probably 19-20 who takes care of clerical and admin tasks for us. She is more cautious nowadays, and the awkwardness has (mostly) gone away. If anything, I think it bothered her more than it did me.

Haha lucky you. I've never understood people who want to get involved with coworkers. It may work out sometimes, but if it doesn't, you're now stuck with that person until one of you gets another job or promoted to a different place.

Message 46 of 71
awp317
Frequent Contributor

To the OP, you mention using it at a rental car place. 

WHen I tried to use mine at hertz last july they wouldnt take it becuase they couldnt take an imprent of the card since the numbers are printed on there not "bumpy" 

Just wondering if its just me having trouble or if anybody with the card runs in to problems like that. Thanks! 

Amex Platinum NPSL I Chase Sapphire Reserve 78K I Chase Freedom U 55k I JP Morgan Ritz 50k I B OF A Cash Rewards 50k I Barclay Black Luxury 43,750 I Capital One QuickSilver 40K I Amex BCP 34k I Amex Optima Platinum 30k I Barclays Arrival+ World E 29k I Merril+ 27,800 I Lowes 25k I Pen Fed PR Visa Sig 20K I Home Depot 17k I NFCU Cash Rewards 8k

Amex Biz Platinum NPSL I Lowes Business 42k I Amex Simply Cash + $22,500 I Chase Ink 21K I B of A World Points $20,500 I B of A Bus MasterCard 16k I Amex SPG 3K.
Message 47 of 71
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Why would they need an imprint? Don't they have a reader?

Edit: also, guess you can't use Discover there either!
Message 48 of 71
enharu
Super Contributor

@CreditScholar wrote:

I agree. It's always a bad idea to poop where you eat. 

Whenever a less than pleasant breakup happens in a workplace environment, things tend to get very ugly. I've seen it happen and people were fired because of this. Most big corporations have rules against this as well, especially when both employees are in the same department. Nevertheless, it's always nice to have a hot colleague; helps make time go by faster.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 49 of 71
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@enharu wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

I agree. It's always a bad idea to poop where you eat. 

Whenever a less than pleasant breakup happens in a workplace environment, things tend to get very ugly. I've seen it happen and people were fired because of this. Most big corporations have rules against this as well, especially when both employees are in the same department. Nevertheless, it's always nice to have a hot colleague; helps make time go by faster.

+1  It sure does enharu.

Message 50 of 71
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.