Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP Metal...

tag
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

CSP Metal...

Received my new metal CSP today wow....that;s kinda fast.......ask them to expedited on Thursday and received it by UPS today. 

I thought they supposed to be all metal ???? Seem like its plastic outside and metal part in between......I remember one of my clints have same CSP with real metal......i would be wrong ??someone please confirm..............

Get them first swipe today.....smooth and nice......

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32
Gatortrout
Regular Contributor

Re: CSP Review

Huh?
Message 2 of 33
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@nicholasyud wrote:

Received my new metal CSP today wow....that;s kinda fast.......ask them to expedited on Thursday and received it by UPS today. 

I thought they supposed to be all metal ???? Seem like its plastic outside and metal part in between......I remember one of my clints have same CSP with real metal......i would be wrong ??someone please confirm..............

The CSP is not an "all metal" card.  Only the JPM cards and the AMEX Centurion would be considered metal.

Message 3 of 33
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@nicholasyud wrote:

The CSP is not an "all metal" card.  Only the JPM cards and the AMEX Centurion would be considered metal.

+1. This is exactly how it's supposed to be. I don't understand why people are expecting the CSP to be a purely metal card. It's nowhere near exlusive enough to justify that kind of construction.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 4 of 33
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

that's my number 1 reson why i apply for CSP. I thought they were all metal when i swipe one of my customer credit card. 

Yeah maybe it's JPM.........hmmmmmm...It's still look pretty awesome thou.......

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 5 of 33
Gatortrout
Regular Contributor

If all you are interested in is having a completely metal card with weight, app for the Ritz card.
Message 6 of 33
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

A cards construction really shouldn't be the 'only reason to apply'.
Message 7 of 33
GOldfishes
Contributor

When did the definition of 'review' change?

Experian: 734 Equifax: 765 Transunion:776

BoA Cash Rewards($6500)|Fidelity Investment Rewards AMEX($5000)|Chase Freedom($4000)|
Chase Sapphire Preferred($6500)|Amex PRG ($NPSL)|Amex SPG($6000)|Amex Business Gold Rewards($NPSL)|Amex BCE ($10,200)|Citi AA Exec ($10,500)|
Message 8 of 33
enharu
Super Contributor

@CreditScholar wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@nicholasyud wrote:

+1. This is exactly how it's supposed to be. I don't understand why people are expecting the CSP to be a purely metal card. It's nowhere near exlusive enough to justify that kind of construction.

+2.

@nicholasyud wrote:

that's my number 1 reson why i apply for CSP. I thought they were all metal when i swipe one of my customer credit card. 

Yeah maybe it's JPM.........hmmmmmm...It's still look pretty awesome thou.......

No offense, but you ought to reconsider your priorities.

Even if it's entirely made of metal, it's just a credit card.

If you are trying to impress other people, how about an exotic vehicle or an expensive watch instead?

Most people just care about how much they can put on the card, and that the charges will go through w/o any issues. Most people don't care what the card is made of. 

I'm saying this only because I have a feeling you're going to go out of your way to app for a JPM card just because you want a pure metal card without even considering the AF and the perks/cons of the card.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 9 of 33
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Eh tbh a lot of people simply want the card for the metal and that's fine too. There are people that want WE for the silver logo or a card for a specific look/design or perceived prestige. Does it really matter anyway? People here obsess about colors, logos, materials so nothing should surprise anyone anymore. Enjoy your CSP!

Message 10 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.