Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP Price Protection - Black Friday

tag
CleanCredit
Contributor

CSP Price Protection - Black Friday

Hey Guys!

I am wondering if anyone has any experience with Chase Sapphire Preferred price protection and Black Friday Deals. Do the black friday prices count towards the price protection guarantee?

Reason being, I am thinking of buying this package: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung-microsoft-samsung-tv-with-xbox-one-500gb-lego-movie-video-game-b...

However, this is in the Black Friday Ad for Best Buy and will be on sale for about another $230. If I just buy it now to ensure availability, can I use the price protection method on Black Friday?

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CSP Price Protection - Black Friday

"What printed advertisements arenotcovered underPrice Protection?

Price Protection does not apply to:

•Advertisements for flea markets, fire sales, limited quantity promotions, seasonal sales or Auctions

•Advertisements of sales of seasonal or discontinued items including,but not limited to, holiday decorations, clothes, or costumes"

They will probably decline coverage under "limited quantity promotions, seasonal sale".

Message 2 of 17
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Just a guess on my part, but many users have reported success with price protection re Black Friday. BUT, you might want to stick with Discover or Amex (citi is good too). The platinum cards work better than VS or WMEC, because then you need to go through the visa and/or MasterCard network for your price protection. Barclays is onerous in this department, only printed ads will do.
Signature needs updating
Message 3 of 17
Maximuss
New Contributor

@Imperfectfuture wrote:
Just a guess on my part, but many users have reported success with price protection re Black Friday. BUT, you might want to stick with Discover or Amex (citi is good too). The platinum cards work better than VS or WMEC, because then you need to go through the visa and/or MasterCard network for your price protection. Barclays is onerous in this department, only printed ads will do.

AMEX does not do price protection!

Message 4 of 17
CleanCredit
Contributor

So maybe I should use my Citi DoubleCash?
Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

this question is more geared towards slickdeals. I would ask there. Make sure the model number is EXACTLY the same and that there arent any extra freebies. If it was a tv and came with even a hdmi cable, the deal cannot be matched.

Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CleanCredit wrote:
So maybe I should use my Citi DoubleCash?

I plan to do this too. Anyone else confirm that citi Doublecash has good and simple price protection?

Message 7 of 17
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Sorry on the Amex. It is said that citi DC will search the web for you via price matching. I don't know personally, since I do not have one.
Signature needs updating
Message 8 of 17
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Citi has an online portal for price protection, which is far and above what any other lender (to my knowledge) does.
Message 9 of 17
CleanCredit
Contributor

I called Citi to verify and they confirmed that Black Friday is not excluded. Should be good to go!
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.