Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP SCRA Annual Fee Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CSP SCRA Annual Fee Question

I applied for SCRA benefits for my CSP account. Received the correspondence in the mail today from Chase. One of the benefits they applied states "We won't charge you fees, other than late fees and non-sufficient funds fees, if applicable". Does this mean that Chase is waiving my annual fee for the CSP?? IMG_20171020_160420.jpg

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CSP SCRA Annual Fee Question

Yes, they are waiving the AF. The SCRA does not require creditors to waive AFs but most do, including Chase.  Take a look at this link for what most of the major banks waive under the Act:

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/credit-card-annual-fee-waivers-other-benefits-for-those-on-active-dut...

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome! Thanks for the information.
Message 3 of 8
Gramz
Contributor

That's awesome and cognates. Chase is not budgeting with me at all, I send in my deployment orders as well and nothing, straight DENIAL lol. So question did you acquire the Card before you join the military or did you have a break in service then apple for the benefits.
Gardening ‎10-13-2017

FICO 8[10-25-2017] EX: 706, EQ: 714, TU: 719
FICO 8[1-04-2018] EX: 714, EQ: 737, TU: 721
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gramz wrote:
That's awesome and cognates. Chase is not budgeting with me at all, I send in my deployment orders as well and nothing, straight DENIAL lol. So question did you acquire the Card before you join the military or did you have a break in service then apple for the benefits.

No break in service, and my cards were not acquired before military service. I just sent a secure message and attached the SCRA paper that you get from the DMDC website. a month later i received the letter in the mail! BUT what I have heard you can do, and it may be worth a shot, is when you reenlinst, send the reenlistment contract to all of your credit card companies for SCRA benefits. You were out of the military for those few minutes after you were discharged right before reenlisting, so the credit cards you have are now accrued before your current military service! I know people who applied this method to their Navy Fed and other cards, but I haven't personally tried this. 

Message 5 of 8
Gramz
Contributor

Thanks for the response...I was actually talking about that (sending my re-up paperwork) because like you said i was out for a day then got back into the military.  If all fails i'm going to try this method again but since i got the card this year i will have to wait until my final re-up next year then i'm indef. 
Gardening ‎10-13-2017

FICO 8[10-25-2017] EX: 706, EQ: 714, TU: 719
FICO 8[1-04-2018] EX: 714, EQ: 737, TU: 721
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently got in with Chase with a Freedom CC (first product with them).  I didn't send them anything to show my Active Duty status (other than on my app and they probably figured it out by where I've lived over the last 10 years), but about a week or so after I was approved, I received a letter like the OP got in the mail.  Just try for the SCRA again, and if it doesn't work then maybe try calling Chase Military Services toll free at 1-877-469-0110.  You might get someone that knows more of what is going on.

Good luck!

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

MLA is not SCRA..it applies to new accounts only issued on or after 1 Oct 17..it’s a new law...they will not retro current accounts..trust me I tried.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.