Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP Sign-Up Bonus

tag
mikka1
Frequent Contributor

Re: CSP Sign-Up Bonus

@Anonymous wrote:

All good advice so far, thanks guys. Also another question, I just added a friend on my csp as an authorized user. If he uses the card, will his transactions apply towards the $3000 I need to spend?

Sorry to say this, but I would see it as a close-to-perfect recipe to destroy any kind of friendship in a long run. I am a strong believer of not mixing money matters and friendship. If my friend asks for money because he's in trouble, I'd just better give him or her some amount that I would not be destroyed not to get back. 

Maybe I'm wrong, but from my life experience money matters have tremendous potential to destroy almost any kind of friendship...

Hope to be wrong in your case :-)

In my wallet now: Amex PRG NPSL, Amex BCE $15k $17k (thanks to recent CLI), Chase Freedom 11k, CSP $6k, Chase United ME $5k, Citi Dividend $5.6k, Discover It $4.5k and a handful of other cards...
TU Dec 2013 - 752Sep 2013 - 764 - new all time maximum

Obsolete data aboveCurrent TU - probably around ~810, only using a few Chase & BofA cards now, not applying for much until we buy a house
Message 21 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mikka1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

All good advice so far, thanks guys. Also another question, I just added a friend on my csp as an authorized user. If he uses the card, will his transactions apply towards the $3000 I need to spend?

Sorry to say this, but I would see it as a close-to-perfect recipe to destroy any kind of friendship in a long run. I am a strong believer of not mixing money matters and friendship. If my friend asks for money because he's in trouble, I'd just better give him or her some amount that I would not be destroyed not to get back. 

Maybe I'm wrong, but from my life experience money matters have tremendous potential to destroy almost any kind of friendship...

Hope to be wrong in your case :-)

Yeah I agree totally but in this case we've been friends since I was 7. We always lend each other money and pay each other back. And also I'm just giving him the card to make one large purchase because i won't be able to go with him to make it myself. Then I'm going to keep the card on my person and just let him build his credit. But thanks for looking out for me

Message 22 of 24
HiLine
Blogger

@Repo-ed wrote:

Never just buy something you would otherwise not have, had you no spending requirement to make.

Words of wisdom right here!

Message 23 of 24
bribro
Valued Contributor

Go to as many holiday and birthday parties as you can. For large party functions, people generally pay with cash to make things easier, so just take the cash (say you're going to Vegas next weekend and need the cash anyway if you're embarassed) and put your credit card in its place.

If you pay rent, look into options for paying with a credit card. As an example, I recently found out that my apartment community accepts credit card rent payments, but they charge a $38 fee per CC charge. I was told that I could only pay my rent amount (~$2,000/mo), but when I called the automated line to pay they let me do up to $2,500. So, I charged the full $2,500 to minimize the $38 fee on a percentage basis, and the $500 credit rolls over to the next month (this allows me to minimize the number of individual charges, and thus $38 fees).

$2,500 + $38 fee = $2,538 total CC charge. On my Chase Freedom card, 2538 + 254 (10% bonus) + 10 (fixed 10 pt bonus) = 2802 UR points (2716 UR points if you used CSP). 2802 is $28.02 in cash back, but when transferring to CSP and then transferring travel partners like United and Hyatt, the value is closer to ~$85. So in my case even with the $38 fee I was "making money" by charging my rent, and in your case you would be well on your way toward hitting your minimum spend too.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.