cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP sent Credit Checks. Anybody ever gotten them?

tag
Credit_hawk
Established Contributor

CSP sent Credit Checks. Anybody ever gotten them?

Hey guys,

Like many of you, I get credit checks from some of the banks I do business with. Especially BOA! However, some banks just never seem to send them. I was surprised to see two letters from Discover and Chase Sapphire Preferred come in the mail recently containing credit checks. I have no intention of using them. I just thought it was a bit of a novelty from those two cards/banks. Has anyone ever gotten Disco or CSP credit checks? Maybe it’s more common than I thought 🤷🏻‍♂️
FICO- Experian: 797, TransUnion: 781, Equifax: 804 (Updated Monthly)
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
DapprD
Regular Contributor

Re: CSP sent Credit Checks. Anybody ever gotten them?

Disco has sent me checks several times in the past. I think they really want me to use them ... 

LOL

Starting Score: 567
Current Score: 739
Goal Score: 760

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Yes, pretty common for a variety of lenders. I get them from 5/3, Huntington, Comenity, Commerce, Discover, Citi, BoA, Chase (including CSP, Amazon, United, etc.), and the list goes on.
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I used to get them from Capital One all the time but now I haven’t seen them in over a year. 

Haven’t gotten them from anyone else. Fine by me though, less temptation to spend. 

Message 4 of 8
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Yeah it's normal. Chase sends out batch's at a time. I normally get them for several of their CCs on the same day in the mail. As Finstar says, it's business as usual. Same with Disco, FNBO, SunTrust, BBVA, etc. The only major lender I don't see them from is Cap One.
Message 5 of 8
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Credit_hawk wrote:
Hey guys,

Like many of you, I get credit checks from some of the banks I do business with. Especially BOA! However, some banks just never seem to send them. I was surprised to see two letters from Discover and Chase Sapphire Preferred come in the mail recently containing credit checks. I have no intention of using them. I just thought it was a bit of a novelty from those two cards/banks. Has anyone ever gotten Disco or CSP credit checks? Maybe it’s more common than I thought 🤷🏻‍♂️

Yes I've been getting them from Discover, but can't figure out why, since I already use their balance transfer offers online.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't recall ever getting checks from Chase, but I do get them pretty regular from Citi and Discover.

Citi sends them out almost twice per month.

Message 7 of 8
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

I get them from Chase, Citi, Discover nearly weekly.  

in fact I almost consider store cards to have a benefit, they never sent out those checks ;-p 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.