cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP that was deny and now recon for one last time.

tag
JaeJae12
Frequent Contributor

CSP that was deny and now recon for one last time.

Hi all, I recently made a post on my CSP denial and waiting 6 months to reapply it, but I just decided to do one last recon with my updated income, anyways I was deny again but for one reason only which is not a lot of revolving account. I think they used the same CR ( no hp or else he would see my freedom card reporting but he only said he saw boa) that only had my 1 TL ( BOA).. If you see my siggy I recently applied and gotten new cards, so the reps told me I just needed to establish more tradelines and try to get a add limit close to 5k.. He did tell me everything else was great.. So at least I'm on my way to reapply again in 6 months.

BCE- 50 k-BOA 123 100k -Freedom unlimited-95k- Citi DC- 200k-CSR 175k
Garden mode

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Laugh
Frequent Contributor

Re: CSP that was deny and now recon for one last time.

@JaeJae12 wrote:
Hi all, I recently made a post on my CSP denial and waiting 6 months to reapply it, but I just decided to do one last recon with my updated income, anyways I was deny again but for one reason only which is not a lot of revolving account. I think they used the same CR ( no hp or else he would see my freedom card reporting but he only said he saw boa) that only had my 1 TL ( BOA).. If you see my siggy I recently applied and gotten new cards, so the reps told me I just needed to establish more tradelines and try to get a add limit close to 5k.. He did tell me everything else was great.. So at least I'm on my way to reapply again in 6 months.

They can see your freedom even if it didn't report. They can see every single account you have with Chase so most likely the decision to deny you was made because you haven't established enough history with the newly acquired Chase freedom. 

Cards: CSP 6k, Chase Freedom 6k, BCP 7.5k, Sallie Mae 8.9k, Discover 5k, BOFA Better Rewards 3.8k
Message 2 of 9
JaeJae12
Frequent Contributor

I think they used a my CR so with that one it only has my boa on it and the freedom wasn't report yet or anything

Garden mode

Message 3 of 9
JaeJae12
Frequent Contributor

*my old CR
Sorry on iPhone ...

Garden mode

Message 4 of 9
Laugh
Frequent Contributor

@JaeJae12 wrote:
I think they used a my CR so with that one it only has my boa on it and the freedom wasn't report yet or anything

Lol I don't think you understood what I wrote.

A chase analyst or banker doesn't need to pull a credit report to see the accounts you currently have with Chase. They see every single Chase account.

Cards: CSP 6k, Chase Freedom 6k, BCP 7.5k, Sallie Mae 8.9k, Discover 5k, BOFA Better Rewards 3.8k
Message 5 of 9
JaeJae12
Frequent Contributor

Oic, that's y maybe in 6 months ill have a better chance, use my freedom and pif each month

Garden mode

Message 6 of 9
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

Also from what I have read they start the Cl at 5k and would like to see your tradelines at least 5K for a little while.  I recently was denied the csp and I just started a TL with 12k but used a BT so my util was 50% they also said I didn't have a long enough opened 5k+ TL.  I am also going to wait 6 months.

Message 7 of 9
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@JaeJae12 wrote:
Oic, that's y maybe in 6 months ill have a better chance, use my freedom and pif each month

From Chase's perspective, even 6 months may be too soon to be elegible.  The CSP is one of their higher spend/prime products unlike the Freedom, and you would need some experience with your current Freedom and other TLs (better chances if any of them are at $5K or greater).  Also, an item to consider when you apply is whether your current  spending habits would meet what the product is geared toward in order to maximize its benefits, unless you dine out/travel frequently, etc.  The CS is an alternative option, albeit a "watered down" version of the CSP with no annual fee.

Message 8 of 9
enharu
Super Contributor

@JaeJae12 wrote:

dont worry too much for now. use the card as much as you can, pay as much as you can, and you will be in good hands.

in 6-12 months as long as you can keep doing what you're doing now, you will get the card.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.