cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP to CSR product change - pull/criteria?

tag
Stralem
Established Contributor

Re: CSP to CSR product change - pull/criteria?

@wasCB14 wrote:

@Stralem wrote:

The only requirement is that your CSP have a credit limit of at least $10,000, which is the minimum for a CSR. The upgrade is pretty seemless from there. You even keep the same card number.

If you don't have $10k on the CSP, you'll have to ask for a CLI first or reallocate available credit from any other Chase cards you may have. Or, since Chase isn't known for granting generous limit increases, you can do what I did and apply for a new card, immediately call in to cancel it and reallocate the new limit to the CSP. More bang for the HP, in my opinion.

Why cancel it immediately? It would seem more practical, for anyone who spends and travels enough to get a CSR/CSP, to meet the minimum spend on the new card and get the bonus...and then perhaps reallocate some CL or close the new card.

Also an option, very true. 

In my case, I simply did not want any other Chase cards outside of the CSR and couldn't be arsed to chase (harr) another bonus.

I Have Way Too Many of These.

American Express - No CLI or Appreciation Gift in 7 Years

Citibank - Handing Out Credit Limits Like Candy

Chase - Surprisingly, Still Tolerating My Credit-Chasing Ways

Bank of America - My Newest Bae.

Everyone Else.
Message 11 of 14
ridgebackpilot
Established Contributor

I PC'd my CSP to the CSR a couple of years ago. It was one of the best things I ever did with my Chase cards!

As others have said, if your CSP doesn't have $10K or more SL, then you can move SL over from your other Chase cards, if any.

No trouble doing this at all. This path is a great one, especially for those who are over 5/24 or for some other reason cannot get approved for the CSR outright.

Message 12 of 14
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Your card supports the PC and they won't look at anything credit related for the PC other than if your credit line support the card.  It's quick and painless, just call the number on the back of your card.  It'll change to a CSR in your account within 24 hours and you'll earn 3x on travel and dining immediately.  Card number stays the same, you'll get a prorated refund of your CSP AF and from my experience this year it will be months before you get dinged for the CSR AF, although your travel credit is available immediately.

As for the CLI, it's always quite YMMV.  I don't think it matters if you do it before or after, however from previous bad experiences (that resulted in me getting 7 Freedom/Freedom Unlimited cards from Chase in a 2 day span all with the same card number LOL) I would caution you to do this in two calls, not one.  Chase Sapphire CSRs are wonderful, but multitasking is not a strong point.

Message 13 of 14
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Your card supports the PC and they won't look at anything credit related for the PC other than if your credit line support the card.  It's quick and painless, just call the number on the back of your card.  It'll change to a CSR in your account within 24 hours and you'll earn 3x on travel and dining immediately.  Card number stays the same, you'll get a prorated refund of your CSP AF and from my experience this year it will be months before you get dinged for the CSR AF, although your travel credit is available immediately.

As for the CLI, it's always quite YMMV.  I don't think it matters if you do it before or after, however from previous bad experiences (that resulted in me getting 7 Freedom/Freedom Unlimited cards from Chase in a 2 day span all with the same card number LOL) I would caution you to do this in two calls, not one.  Chase Sapphire CSRs are wonderful, but multitasking is not a strong point.

+1

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.