Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP to FU - What's the best way?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CSP to FU - What's the best way?

Okay. This didn't go the direction I wanted it to. Not really interested in debaiting Titanium over CSP or CSP over CSR. Just looking for advice on the question asked in the original post!

Message 11 of 15
joltdude
Senior Contributor

@Scupra wrote:

Can I ask why you would choose the Titanium Card over the Sapphire Preferred? Just curious Smiley Happy

I was curious too.. Another MyFico'er who "just wants to hear what they want" and I was curious too.. Found the answer in this thread..

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Applied-for-the-new-Titanium-Card-from-Mast...

Scroll up to the start of the the linked thread. for some reason i keep getting dumped at the end of the thread with the link.

-J

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@joltdude wrote:

@Scupra wrote:

Can I ask why you would choose the Titanium Card over the Sapphire Preferred? Just curious Smiley Happy

I was curious too.. Another MyFico'er who "just wants to hear what they want" and I was curious too.. Found the answer in this thread..

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Applied-for-the-new-Titanium-Card-from-Mast...

Scroll up to the start of the the linked thread. for some reason i keep getting dumped at the end of the thread with the link.

-J

(Mod Cut)

I would say don't close the CSP, just downgrade to the FU and forgo the bonus to avoid the extra hard pull for a second app. Congrats on the Titanium approval!

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks to those that actually offered advice pertinent to the original post.

To those that didn't, I am well aware that the Titanium Card's rewards are sub par in comparison to the CSP card, but that's not why I'm here. I did my research between the cards and decided I wanted the Titanium Card. Why I made that decision, be it for status, rewards, concierge, a metal card, whatever, is not up for question here as it does not concern anyone. I would have gone to Reddit if I wanted to be ridiculed for the decisions I make.

I simply wanted to know the best way to go about downgrading my CSP to the FU card and it seems everyone here is more concerned as to why on God's green Earth I would ever do something so dispicable in getting the Titanium Card. 

Thanks guys.

Message 14 of 15
Scupra
Super Contributor

Whoa, all I was doing was asking a question to help YOU. I specifically stated that I am not being negative and am only trying to help you make the best decision. I apologize if you think that is me "ridiculing" you.

Your best bet would be to apply for the Freedom Unlimited and move the limit from CSP to FU, providing you are under 5/24. Doing it this way will allow you to take advantage of the sign up bonus and obtain a higher CL. Worst case you get denied the FU and then just PC to the FU. 

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.