Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP

tag
lonewolf210
Established Member

Re: CSP

I got approved with only 1 card(non chase) that had a cl of 1k. I make 50k and my score was around 700. Took them like 2.5 weeks to approve but I didn't have to recon either. 

Message 11 of 19
Lin55
Frequent Contributor

@lonewolf210 wrote:

I got approved with only 1 card(non chase) that had a cl of 1k. I make 50k and my score was around 700. Took them like 2.5 weeks to approve but I didn't have to recon either. 

What was your CL for the CSP and what was your UTIL at the time at approval?

Message 12 of 19
Networth
Frequent Contributor

They typically like to see atleast 1 year of solid credit history, and it is a Visa Signature so they must be willing to give you a 5k credit limit miniumum. The CSP seems difficult to get, and it can be, but others seem to get the card with ease. I would say you have a fair shot 

Chase Sapphire Reserve - American Express Blue Sky - Chase Freedom - - Chase Freedom Unlimited - BankAmericard Travel Rewards -

TU 813 EX 809 EQ 812
Message 13 of 19
red259
Super Contributor

@Networth wrote:

They typically like to see atleast 1 year of solid credit history, and it is a Visa Signature so they must be willing to give you a 5k credit limit miniumum. The CSP seems difficult to get, and it can be, but others seem to get the card with ease. I would say you have a fair shot 

you can get it with less than a year of history, especially if you have six+ months with freedom and good scores/util etc. The 5k min credit line is where people run into problems.

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 14 of 19
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@xgac12x wrote:

does the CSP have any requirements, income, score etc? 

Every card has underwriting requirements.  We can't spell them out no matter what the card.  There are some guidelines we can offer that are mentioned in this thread.

@jaraico wrote:

i agree with credit junkie people want to put this card on a pedestal

Some do.  Some do not.  Some jump to broad, sweeping generalizations.  It's just a card to me.  It has relatively tougher requirements compared to, say, the Freedom for example.

@xgac12x wrote:

I'm looking to app in the middle of April. I have a BoA card that I do not use for anything..Should I close it after I get the CSP?

Your call.  Consider the impact to utilization and your credit.

Message 15 of 19
xgac12x
Established Contributor

My oldest card is my Kohls card which I opened in 6/2012. I've had my Freedom since 09/13, should I go for the CSP in April or will I have to wait until I've had my freedom for a year? Because if so, I am just going to get the PRG AMEX.

@Networth wrote:

CARDS: CAPONEQUICKSILVERONE - $3,000.00
Message 16 of 19
xgac12x
Established Contributor

Because if I don't get the CSP I'll probably just go for the AMEX like I said, along with a CLI on my Freedom? 

Message 17 of 19
MissCredit9
Frequent Contributor

If you have had the Freedom at least 6 months you will almost certainly get it. Most people who are approved for the CSP that dont have any other limits near 5k have a prior cc relationship with Chase.

AMEX PRG NPSL, FIDELITY REWARDS 50K, CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE 27K, AMEX DELTA SKYMIES GOLD 25K, CITI DIAMOND PREFERRED 22K, CHASE FREEDOM 20K, CITI DOUBLE CASH 15.5K, BARCLAYCARD REWARDS MASTERCARD 15K, CHASE MARRIOTT PREMIER 5K, CAPITAL ONE SONY CARD 5.75K, CAPITAL ONE QUICKSILVER 3.5K, AMAZON STORECARD 6K, VICTORIAS SECRET 2650, EXPRESS NEXT 1850,Gardening2/17/17.
Message 18 of 19
xgac12x
Established Contributor

Yeah I have a checking account along with my Chase Freedom which I use quite heavily so yeah who knows. I would much rather get the CSP. 

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.