Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSR $300 credit details

tag
noobody
Established Contributor

Re: CSR $300 credit details

(“annually” means the year beginning with your account open date through the first December statement date of that same year, and each 12 billing cycles starting after your December statement date through the following December statement date).

According to LETTER of the term, it shoud be on December statement to be count as current year

If you make charge on Dec 22nd, and it shows on Jan 5th statement. You WILL see the credit when the charge post, BUT will it count against 2016 quota or 2017 quota?  

EX819 1HP|TU797 1HP| EQ(Fico8 BankCard)841
Message 21 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

I could be mistaken, but I don't think Chase is the one that fits the bill for the entire $300 in annual travel credits.  Visa Infinite automatically gives a $100 credit and my thought is that Chase then chips in the other $200.  I'm not sure if that is correct, but that is my belief.  Visa Infinite also pays a portion of the $100 TSA pre-check I believe.  I could be off here, but I often thought how does Chase afford this and when I looked further I realized that Visa Infinite alone has benefits, but Chase operators were unsure on this.  Anyway, it's just a hunch, probably wrong. 

Message 22 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just a word of caution. While I think it likely that Chase will adhere to the word of the rules as displayed above, this card has been out for under a year and nobody really knows what will happen if you try to trigger the $300 in successive months.
Message 23 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm considering applying for the CSR before the end of the year to get 2x$300 credits plus the bonus within my first few months. I just want to confirm that this will work:

1. Get card before end of year

2. In December, purchase some travel stuff for a trip in 2017.

3. In December, apply the $300 credit to those items.

4. In January, receive new $300 credit.

5. Spend on travel, apply new credit.

6. Receive bonus, use it.

7. Decide whether to keep the card before AF comes again.

Of course this is all assuming I would be approved, but I want to plan it right anyway. I'm at 4/24, and I expect my scores to improve a bit in the next few weeks.

Oh, also, does anyone have an up to date list of pulls for the CSR? I'm hoping they won't pull EQ in PA.

I'm in PA as well and Chase pulled Ex and TU for me.

@Anonymous wrote:

I could be mistaken, but I don't think Chase is the one that fits the bill for the entire $300 in annual travel credits.  Visa Infinite automatically gives a $100 credit and my thought is that Chase then chips in the other $200.  I'm not sure if that is correct, but that is my belief.  Visa Infinite also pays a portion of the $100 TSA pre-check I believe.  I could be off here, but I often thought how does Chase afford this and when I looked further I realized that Visa Infinite alone has benefits, but Chase operators were unsure on this.  Anyway, it's just a hunch, probably wrong. 

I think Chase is footing the entire $300 since they have said that the $100 Visa Infinite airline credit will not be available with this card. 

Message 24 of 31
r34dy2fly
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm in PA as well and Chase pulled Ex and TU for me.

@Anonymous wrote:

I think Chase is footing the entire $300 since they have said that the $100 Visa Infinite airline credit will not be available with this card. 

While they might not get the $100 credit, I'm sure a company like Chase can work out the $100 so it applies to all travel with VISA under a separate agreement. Wouldn't surprise me at all.

Chase pulled Experian for me as well. No Transunion pull.

Just to ease some minds, I've spoken to the reps at Chase and it is based on calendar year and there's nothing that states they won't credit you in January at the start of the new year. Banks can't just have random stipulations on when they credit you and its already spelled out in the terms of agreement. The way its worded states that you get your $300 credit as long transactions fall into your December statement as someone already stated. Then the next "annual" year is the 12 following statements until the December statement of your next year.

Long story short, if you spend $300 right now in travel or at least in November, you'll be good to receive credit starting January a few months later.

I have this card and use it exclusively for work as I travel frequently as a bank examiner. They credit your account almost immediately and will mark it as qualified spending under your Ultimate Rewards page. I got it almost immediately after I received the card as I had to book a hotel. Will be picking up another $300 credit in January as well. They charged the $450 annual fee for me by the 2nd week.

Message 25 of 31
Fleuriste
Regular Contributor

I'm planning on picking up Southwest Gift cards next month in order to get the $300.  I figure with that and another $300 after January 1st, I can make a nice dent in a trip for our family of four.

Starting FICO 8's (7/2016) EQ 715|| TU 743 || EX 762
Current FICO 8's (10/2022) EQ 838|| TU 828|| EX 826
Goal FICO 8's: 780 across the board - Goal met 9/2018;
Next Goal FICO 8's: 800 across the board - Goal met 10/2022
Message 26 of 31
andre181
Established Contributor

The credit posts as soon as you make the purchase, not when the statements closes. This is a fact.

Logically, If you make the purchase on December 22, and you get the credit on December 22, I don't see how they could say that it was part of 2017's credit. But they might, no one knows.

I've already used 2016's credit so I don't really care, but hopefully Chase doesn't try to screw people on this. 

Discover IT $35K | FNBO Visa $30K | Cash+ Visa Sig $19.5K | Southwest Premier $16K | Priceline $15K | Citi Forward $14.3K | US Bank Plat $14K | Commerce Bank $13K | CSP $13K | CSR $10K | Sallie Mae World MC $10K | Lowe’s Consumer 10K | BoA Cash Rewards 1-2-3 Sig $7.5K | Fidelity Visa $7K | Citi Double Cash $6.5K | WF Cash Back Visa $5.4K | Capital One Cash Rewards $5K | AMEX BCE $3.9K | Freedom $2.5K | Younkers/Comenity $2.4K | Kohl’s 1.5K | Target $1.4K | EX FICO (from AMEX): 768, TU FICO (from Discover): 797, AAoA: 4.4 years
Message 27 of 31
r34dy2fly
Contributor

It says post by December statement on the terms.
Message 28 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you obtain the credit by using CSR for a United Explorer gift card? I did this with my PRG and received airline credit since it coded as travel. I'm not going anywhere in November and was just approved for the card yesterday.
Message 29 of 31
noobody
Established Contributor

Just saw my SECOND travel credit online, which will appear on January statement.
That's means it DOES go by statement closing date, NOT by actual credit post date.
EX819 1HP|TU797 1HP| EQ(Fico8 BankCard)841
Message 30 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.