Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSR/CSP Q3 Bonus Categories

tag
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

Re: CSR/CSP Q3 Bonus Categories

These Q3 CSR bonus categories are a disappointment to me after the good categories they gave us in May and June.  Instacart grocery prices are higher than in-store prices, so I'm not going to shop via Instacart just to get 5x points.  The Q3 bonus categories on the Freedom are a much better deal.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 11 of 52
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Something at least was able to use my remaining 200 travel credit for groceries as well this last month.  Ill do the renewal which hits tomorrow I believe as keeping a "reasonable" 450 af and adding some value

Message 12 of 52
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Groceries..just about every card had them. I have finite amount of money to spend, and I dont have extra warehouse to store non perishable foods, so that was semi-wash

Gas, I might spend $70.00 per month, but only if I keep forgetting things and have to go back several times. 

I'm thinking CSR might get voted off the island once stashed URs are gone. 

Message 13 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

@K-inBoston Where are you seeing these additional categories for CSP? May and June? Restaurants and groceries??!!
Message 14 of 52
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

Groceries..just about every card had them. I have finite amount of money to spend, and I dont have extra warehouse to store non perishable foods, so that was semi-wash

Gas, I might spend $70.00 per month, but only if I keep forgetting things and have to go back several times. 

Ha ha!  My pantry is OVERLOWING with all the non-perishable grocery and adult beverage items that I procured with the grocery/travel credit, the 5% grocery bonus, and the Pay Yourself Back feature.  My freezer is also completely full.  I hope I don't have an expiration date crisis in a few months.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 15 of 52
icednightpaper
Regular Contributor

All of these bonus streaming categories almost makes me wish I bothered streaming anything besides music. Nice to Chase see doing something, hope they're ready to keep it up through all of 2021 too >_>
Message 16 of 52
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
@K-inBoston Where are you seeing these additional categories for CSP? May and June? Restaurants and groceries??!!

I don't think CSP had them?  Maybe just something for DoorDash?

Message 17 of 52
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@UpperNwGuy wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

Ha ha!  My pantry is OVERLOWING with all the non-perishable grocery and adult beverage items that I procured with the grocery/travel credit, the 5% grocery bonus, and the Pay Yourself Back feature.  My freezer is also completely full.  I hope I don't have an expiration date crisis in a few months.

I feel your pain. And yet, I still shop because according to my teens, there is nothing to eat.

They would be saying same thing if they lived inside grocery store with giant food court. 

It's just making less and less sense for me, because if I'm struggling to justify it, its probably not for me. 

Message 18 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

In February 2018, Chase offered a promo for using Chase Pay at ShopRite. It came out to be something like 10% back. I bought this:

IMG_4706-2.JPG

I would not advise attempting this at the current time.

Message 19 of 52
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

In February 2018, Chase offered a promo for using Chase Pay at ShopRite. It came out to be something like 10% back. I bought this:

IMG_4706-2.JPG

I would not advise attempting this at the current time.

The OG TP hoarder! 

Message 20 of 52
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.