cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSR/CSP Q3 Bonus Categories

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: CSR/CSP Q3 Bonus Categories

These Q3 CSR bonus categories are a disappointment to me after the good categories they gave us in May and June.  Instacart grocery prices are higher than in-store prices, so I'm not going to shop via Instacart just to get 5x points.  The Q3 bonus categories on the Freedom are a much better deal.

PenFed Power Cash • Promise • NFCU Flagship • More Rewards • cashRewards
Chase Sapphire Reserve • Freedom • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 11 of 52
Highlighted
Moderator

Re: CSR/CSP Q3 Bonus Categories

Something at least was able to use my remaining 200 travel credit for groceries as well this last month.  Ill do the renewal which hits tomorrow I believe as keeping a "reasonable" 450 af and adding some value

Message 12 of 52
Highlighted
Moderator

Re: CSR/CSP Q3 Bonus Categories

Groceries..just about every card had them. I have finite amount of money to spend, and I dont have extra warehouse to store non perishable foods, so that was semi-wash

 

Gas, I might spend $70.00 per month, but only if I keep forgetting things and have to go back several times. 

 

I'm thinking CSR might get voted off the island once stashed URs are gone. 

07/11/2020 Confession time...sometimes I dont put shopping cart back where it should go, and I stole lipstick when I was 11. Used it for drawing (works better than watercolors).
Message 13 of 52
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: CSR/CSP Q3 Bonus Categories

@K-inBoston Where are you seeing these additional categories for CSP? May and June? Restaurants and groceries??!!
For a collection of our current FICO scoring wisdom, updated as we learn, read the following. Watch the revision dates on the bottom of the first 8 posts as they are regularly updated: Link to Scoring Primer.



RIP:






Scores updated May 2020, unless otherwise noted. 5 revolvers reporting a balance, where it's normally 1, but took an HP on EX.

(Forgive typos, mobile.)(Everything said is Just IMHO.)

In order to better answer your questions and record your DPs, please provide your profile stats: Any baddies? Severity and recency? (clean/dirty), Number of accounts, both open and closed on CRs (thick/thin), AoOA? (aged/nonaged), AOYRA-Age of Youngest Revolving Account (new accounts/no new accounts)? Open/closed loan on CR?
For example, mine is clean/thick/aged/new account, with open loan on record.
If you don't know where you fall, just detail any baddies, your number of open and closed accounts, AoOA, AOYRA and whether you have a loan on record.

For utilization questions, list individual and aggregate utilizations, revolving and installment, please.
Message 14 of 52
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: CSR/CSP Q3 Bonus Categories


@Remedios wrote:

Groceries..just about every card had them. I have finite amount of money to spend, and I dont have extra warehouse to store non perishable foods, so that was semi-wash

 

Gas, I might spend $70.00 per month, but only if I keep forgetting things and have to go back several times. 

 

I'm thinking CSR might get voted off the island once stashed URs are gone. 


Ha ha!  My pantry is OVERLOWING with all the non-perishable grocery and adult beverage items that I procured with the grocery/travel credit, the 5% grocery bonus, and the Pay Yourself Back feature.  My freezer is also completely full.  I hope I don't have an expiration date crisis in a few months.

PenFed Power Cash • Promise • NFCU Flagship • More Rewards • cashRewards
Chase Sapphire Reserve • Freedom • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 15 of 52
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: CSR/CSP Q3 Bonus Categories

All of these bonus streaming categories almost makes me wish I bothered streaming anything besides music. Nice to Chase see doing something, hope they're ready to keep it up through all of 2021 too >_>

Message 16 of 52
Highlighted
Moderator

Re: CSR/CSP Q3 Bonus Categories


@Birdman7 wrote:
@K-inBoston Where are you seeing these additional categories for CSP? May and June? Restaurants and groceries??!!

I don't think CSP had them?  Maybe just something for DoorDash?

Message 17 of 52
Highlighted
Moderator

Re: CSR/CSP Q3 Bonus Categories


@UpperNwGuy wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

Groceries..just about every card had them. I have finite amount of money to spend, and I dont have extra warehouse to store non perishable foods, so that was semi-wash

 

Gas, I might spend $70.00 per month, but only if I keep forgetting things and have to go back several times. 

 

I'm thinking CSR might get voted off the island once stashed URs are gone. 


Ha ha!  My pantry is OVERLOWING with all the non-perishable grocery and adult beverage items that I procured with the grocery/travel credit, the 5% grocery bonus, and the Pay Yourself Back feature.  My freezer is also completely full.  I hope I don't have an expiration date crisis in a few months.


I feel your pain. And yet, I still shop because according to my teens, there is nothing to eat.

They would be saying same thing if they lived inside grocery store with giant food court. 

 

It's just making less and less sense for me, because if I'm struggling to justify it, its probably not for me. 

07/11/2020 Confession time...sometimes I dont put shopping cart back where it should go, and I stole lipstick when I was 11. Used it for drawing (works better than watercolors).
Message 18 of 52
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: CSR/CSP Q3 Bonus Categories



Ha ha!  My pantry is OVERLOWING with all the non-perishable grocery and adult beverage items that I procured with the grocery/travel credit, the 5% grocery bonus, and the Pay Yourself Back feature.  My freezer is also completely full.  I hope I don't have an expiration date crisis in a few months.


In February 2018, Chase offered a promo for using Chase Pay at ShopRite. It came out to be something like 10% back. I bought this:

 

IMG_4706-2.JPG

 

I would not advise attempting this at the current time.

Message 19 of 52
Highlighted
Moderator

Re: CSR/CSP Q3 Bonus Categories


@Throckmorton wrote:


Ha ha!  My pantry is OVERLOWING with all the non-perishable grocery and adult beverage items that I procured with the grocery/travel credit, the 5% grocery bonus, and the Pay Yourself Back feature.  My freezer is also completely full.  I hope I don't have an expiration date crisis in a few months.


In February 2018, Chase offered a promo for using Chase Pay at ShopRite. It came out to be something like 10% back. I bought this:

 

IMG_4706-2.JPG

 

I would not advise attempting this at the current time.


 

The OG TP hoarder! 

07/11/2020 Confession time...sometimes I dont put shopping cart back where it should go, and I stole lipstick when I was 11. Used it for drawing (works better than watercolors).
Message 20 of 52
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.