Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSR decent buff 5x URs at restaurants it appears - temporary

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

CSR decent buff 5x URs at restaurants it appears - temporary

Pretty nice temporary buff from july 1st for several months..  Making card nicer and nicer until travel comes back it appears.

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/chase-sapphire-reserve-unofficially-earning-5x-on-restaurant-purchase...

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
ngoaa
New Contributor

Re: CSR decent buff 5x URs at restaurants it appears - temporary

I just checked my Starbucks Reload that was posted Jul 1st... Yup. Got 5x points instead of the usual 3x. 

Good find! 

Message 2 of 9
Drwaz99
Established Contributor

I can also confirm. I'm traveling for business and doing a bunch of doordash to the hotel and was wondering why my points earned total looked a little high. Getting 5x on all my restaurants/doordash.

Message 3 of 9
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

The adjustments Chase has made to CSR in the 2nd and 3rd quarters of 2020 have been nice, but I wish Chase would reveal its CSR plans for the 4th quarter 2020 and for the first quarter of 2021 now instead of waiting until the quarters begin.  Many of us will be hitting our four year CSR anniversary in late August 2020.  If the virus doesn't go away and 2021 travel earnings seem uncertain, what will be the point of renewing without some assurances from Chase for the year ahead?

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's a nice gesture for sure. Not sure I'd be eating out much until this virus thing blows over though.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UpperNwGuy wrote:

The adjustments Chase has made to CSR in the 2nd and 3rd quarters of 2020 have been nice, but I wish Chase would reveal its CSR plans for the 4th quarter 2020 and for the first quarter of 2021 now instead of waiting until the quarters begin.  Many of us will be hitting our four year CSR anniversary in late August 2020.  If the virus doesn't go away and 2021 travel earnings seem uncertain, what will be the point of renewing without some assurances from Chase for the year ahead?

Have you considered closing it after AF hits and applying again when you start to travel later?

As there's about 0 chance for them to give any assurances that can better the following:

50,000 bonus points

after you spend $4,000

Message 6 of 9
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Got nerfed already probably a mistake but others are getting targeted for 5x on other cats on various cards, etc..

Message 7 of 9
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

I noticed that my last 5x on dining was 7/5. Everything after that is back to 3x. The wife and I spend the long weekend in SFO and I used it pretty hard there...thankfully all but one of those charges posted at 5x. Here's to hoping Chase doesn't take back what they've given even if it was a technical glitch.
Message 8 of 9
jberry
Contributor

Yup same here, no more 5X for "food and drink" for me, back to 3X.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.