Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSR sure is popular here...

tag
CaptJOB
Regular Contributor

Re: CSR sure is popular here...

It was in San Francisco so it was mostly 20-30s crowd and it was men's clothing(non-category spend). Almost no one that I rang up was using a card to optimize for that. The next biggest group of cards were United/Southwest cobrandeds. I think there were three BoA Cash Rewards and a couple of CFUs. 

Just a nice example of young dudes with money not really sweating optimizing spend and using a high annual fee card. 

Message 11 of 43
Citylights18
Valued Contributor

I like to watch what people are using at the register out of curiosity.

-Buying a pack of gum at a 7-11 with a CSR.

-Using Samsung pay to buy groceries with a United Explorer.

-A client who says he collects American miles then pays for drinks with a Delta Gold AMEX.

It seems to me that very few people bother with ecosystem earning but rather go with one nice card they like.

Official travel point totals as of 12/26/23 (1,382,693 Total Points)
Chase Ultimate Rewards 661,525 | IHG One Rewards 144,443 | Hilton Honors 143,801 | AMEX Membership Rewards 102,729 | World of Hyatt 90,413 | Marriott Bonvoy 65,343 | Citi Thank You 62,712 | Wells Fargo Rewards 33,652 | Southwest Rapid Rewards 28,105 | United MileagePlus 13,316 | British Airways Avios 12,333 | Jet Blue TrueBlue 11,661 | NASA Platinum Rewards 1,883 | AA Advantage 1,744 | Navy Federal Rewards 792 | Delta Sky Miles 175 | Virgin Atlantic Virgin Points 100 | Lowes Business Rewards 6,992 ($69.92) | Amazon Rewards 475 ($4.75) | Discover CB 499 ($4.99)
Message 12 of 43
Stralem
Established Contributor

It pays to remember that the people here at MyFico do not represent the average credit card user. Like you said, most people aren't trying to squeeze every last penny of value out of their every day spending.

I Have Way Too Many of These.

American Express - No CLI or Appreciation Gift in 7 Years

Citibank - Handing Out Credit Limits Like Candy

Chase - Surprisingly, Still Tolerating My Credit-Chasing Ways

Bank of America - My Newest Bae.

Everyone Else.
Message 13 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kforce wrote:

None of them were me !

Me either! Smiley LOL

Message 14 of 43
CaptJOB
Regular Contributor

@Stralem wrote:

It pays to remember that the people here at MyFico do not represent the average credit card user. Like you said, most people aren't trying to squeeze every last penny of value out of their every day spending.

Totally. I guess I just wasn't expecting Chase to have really cornered that market so well. The next biggest contender was Citi with I think 5-6 Costco Visas handed to me. I don't think I saw any Wells Fargo credit cards(a couple of debit) and only 3-4 Capital One Venture cards. Easily more than 75% of people in this data set going for Chase.

Message 15 of 43
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@Citylights18 wrote:

-A client who says he collects American miles then pays for drinks with a Delta Gold AMEX.

It seems to me that very few people bother with ecosystem earning but rather go with one nice card they like.

Maybe he, like you and me, likes Avios and is waiting for a transfer promo so 4x can become 5.6x.

Oops. Missed the word "Delta" amazingly. I was thinking Gold charge card.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 16 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

I love seeing which cards others are using. And I love demographic data like this. It is super interesting and Chase certainly has done an excellent job capturing a lot of Millennial spend, myself included. It will be really fascinating to watch these demographics over the coming years to see if this large group of young earners sticks with Chase as they grow older.

Message 17 of 43
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@wasCB14 wrote:

@Citylights18 wrote:

Maybe he, like you and me, likes Avios and is waiting for a transfer promo so 4x can become 5.6x.

How does that work with the Delta Gold?

Message 18 of 43
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@wasCB14 wrote:

@Citylights18 wrote:

How does that work with the Delta Gold?

I misread, see edited post above.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 19 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ficoproblems247 wrote:

I swipe cards at work too. I use it as an opportunity to check out what they're all like in real life. It's quite difficult at times to keep a balance of trying to look at/feel a ramdom persons card while not looking like you're a total stranger danger! LOL

As a Canadian I'm already squicked out when someone wants to take my card, since that doesn't happen here. If I caught someone examining it closely I'd probably call the cops. Smiley Wink So for safety, please just check my signature below.

Message 20 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.