CSR to 50k sign-up 1/12/17

tag
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: CSR to 50k sign-up 1/12/17

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Think on the bright side, it might surface again around the holidays to get applications in or the likes.  We all know the patience and gardening skills of most MF member though and the hope of it coming back isn't enough for most Smiley Happy.  Somehow I think they will being Chase get alot less CSR applications due to AF and more CSP applications.. Just a hunch

CC you know what the kicker is in my case? 

The account that turns 2 years and will make me 4/24 is.........drum roll please 

Chase 

Ouch.. What are the chances?  Pretty good considering they have the best cards out there for sign-up bonuses Smiley Sad..  Talking about adding salt to the cut.

Image result for pouring salt on a wound gif

Yep OUCH

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 21 of 158
redpat
Senior Contributor

I was lucky that I squeaked in with a Branch pre-approval.  I'm doomed for the next one until Sept 17.

The good news is, what else could they come up with without losing their shirts.

One thing, it won't be anything with AA or Marriott w/o killing their own non-brand cards then really pissing people off.  Then a again third night free would really peak my interest.  That I would use more than 4th night free.

My eyes are looking and my ears are listening to see what Amex does next.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 22 of 158
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

I was going to wait (I became under 5/24 in Dec 2016!) but now just had to go for it....

Message 23 of 158
myjourney
Super Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

I was going to wait (I became under 5/24 in Dec 2016!) but now just had to go for it....

Dam you Lol

Good luck but I'm sure the approval screen has already been seen 

Congrats 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 24 of 158
redpat
Senior Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

Good luck!

At least your in the running to get the 100k.

As they say "Timing is everything."

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 25 of 158
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lovely.  Well I guess I better wait until march 1st and see what happens in branch.  

Message 26 of 158
driftless
Valued Contributor

This will make some myFICO's cringe: my wife has CSP, Freedom, QS and a biz Amex. I suggested that she may want to apply for CSR and move over the limit from CSP. She looked at me and said that I spend way too much time on this forum.  Smiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

She is right, of course.  Smiley Wink

CSR | Amex Platinum | EDP | QS (2)
Amex Blue Business Plus
Message 27 of 158
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

Dam you Lol

Good luck but I'm sure the approval screen has already been seen 

Congrats 

Thanks, yes, I was approved.   Now to meet the spend (well, once I get the card).

Message 28 of 158
redpat
Senior Contributor

@driftless wrote:

This will make some myFICO's cringe: my wife has CSP, Freedom, QS and a biz Amex. I suggested that she may want to apply for CSR and move over the limit from CSP. She looked at me and said that I spend way too much time on this forum.  Smiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

She is right, of course.  Smiley Wink

Lol! I'm a closet forum myFico'er, my wife would be busting my stones about these forums.....What she doesn't know won't hurt her and that's when the fight started......Lol!

Message 29 of 158
Anonymous
Not applicable

Look on the bright side guys/gals.. there's some rumors floating around that Amex will overhaul the Plat card.. if it makes it much more competitive with the CSR, that might be the next hot card here @ the $450 AF tier.
Message 30 of 158
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.