Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSR to 50k sign-up 1/12/17

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: CSR to 50k sign-up 1/12/17

It's done.. I PC'ed to the CSR just now from the CSP..  Funny thing is the AF I just paid is being refunded and the $450 AF will hit me in 6 months the JPM associate said (called ritz number to do it).  Takes about 2 days for the 3x earning to kick in.  Anyways hopefully it was a smart move.  Guess If I have buyers remorse I have 6 months to PC back to CSP and run with the 3x UR's for 6 months lol.. Granted will be getting rid of the PRG prior to may so I will come out ahead regardless.

Message 71 of 158
JustBPatient
Established Contributor

I think pc'ing was a great call.  Did mine in November so I was able to take advantage of the travel credit for 2016, and then again in 17.  Add an additional point on dining and the credit for global entry to me it was a no brainer.  When CSR came out compared to CSP, not a hard decision IMO.  Enjoy the new card.

Amex Gold =Amex ED 20k = Amex BCP 14k = Amex SPG Lux 2k = Arrival 2k = Ring 14k = BOA 321 30k = BOA BBR 10k = CSR 25k = Freedom 10k = Citi Simplicity 9k = Citi DC 5k = Citi DP 3k = DCVR IT 16k = DCVR IT(2) 10k = CAP1 QS 15k = NFCU CR24k/AE25k/CLOC 15k = BBVA 14k = Wells Plat. 5k = (2) US Bank Cash+ 13k, 18k = PenFed 17k

FICO scores TU 764 EX 739 EQ 745
Message 72 of 158
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@JustBPatient wrote:

I think pc'ing was a great call.  Did mine in November so I was able to take advantage of the travel credit for 2016, and then again in 17.  Add an additional point on dining and the credit for global entry to me it was a no brainer.  When CSR came out compared to CSP, not a hard decision IMO.  Enjoy the new card.

Thanks.. You been hit with the new AF yet?

Message 73 of 158
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Message 74 of 158
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Wow, how popular is CSR? 8 pages long in less than a daySmiley Wink. Good luck to all those who are going for itSmiley Happy
Message 75 of 158
UncleB
Credit Mentor

I actually have a glass-half-full way of looking at this...

Once I'm within 5/24 (which will be May 2018) if the bonus for the CSR and CSP is the same - and assuming I can make the numbers work - this would actually work out better for somebody with my profile anyway.  In theory, I could apply for the CSP, earn the bonus, then assuming I was approved with a credit line under $10k (which is likely) I could transfer some of the CL from my IHG MasterCard (currently $9k) to make the $10k minimum. 

I know it's a weird way of looking at things, but it would work (in theory) and I wouldn't feel like I actually missed out on anything by not applying for the CSR directly if their published bonuses were the same.  (I realize this way of thinking involves some denial of "what could have been", but by May 2018 I won't be that worried about it... LOL)

I have around $10k/year of hotel and restaurant spending that currently goes on my Sam's Club MC (I consider it no-AF, since I would have the membership anyway) so I'll have to figure out if the UR system has anything to offer more than what I'm already getting.  At this time (with my current travel pattern) it doesn't and cash works out better, but things can always change. 

Note also that I'm the first to admit that the CSR isn't for everybody, in particular it's designed for people with means and spending higher than my own.  I would only consider trying for it if there was a clear benefit, which at this time there wouldn't be (again, for me).  Much can change in 16 months, though.  Smiley Happy

Message 76 of 158
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Ill add one thing to the whole 5/24 debate and that is if Chase was so concerned about churners, etc then they would have never allowed people to bypass the rule by in branch preapprovals.  The people that know about this bypass are the readers of the various credit forums and by nature tend to be churners. Very selective enforcement of the 'rule'.

Yes, the exception would be if somehow the inbranch preapprovals are only given to "good" people, i.e. they may be over 5/24 but by some algorithm they appear potentially profitable.   We haven't got any evidence for that though...

Message 77 of 158
Anonymous
Not applicable

@wasCB14 wrote:

@redpat wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@redpat wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Ugh I'm at 5/24 until Sept 2017 and there isn't a branch that is particularly close to me. One finally opened just over an hour away in another state. I wish I could just call and ask about pre-approval instead of driving all the way there on a hope and a prayer just to apply for a credit card. However, I already feel I got robbed on my CSP since they changed to 50K a month after I got the card so I missed those points. I'd be really butthurt to miss 50K pts.

Road trip!

I know, I know, but the only thing I could do in that town and along the way is road trip for a restaurant. My DH now works Saturdays so he can't take me. I'm pregnant and last week I passed out while driving so a bit apprehensive to make the trip on my own. Especially if I eat since that's what leads to my fainting. I should have gone last month, but I usually feel like just resting on my days off. I was hoping it would last until next Fall so I could nab the card in natural course. I don't want to be a bonus chaser, but we really enjoyed our CSP for the last year and managed to get 3 RT flights out of it. That's worth the AF for us. I'm not quite the CSRs target demo, but we'd like to travel more and had just started before I got pregnant. I'd love to try it for a year or two to see how it works for us.

Good luck with the baby.  Your health is more important than a credit card.  There will be other 100k offers coming around.

It may be too late for CSP, but for your future reference if you don't already know, Chase will often match offers if you ask them to do so via secure message (or at least they used to). Had you contacted them to request an extra 10k a month after your approval for a 40k bonus, you may have gotten the points.

Oh I did SM, but they turned me down on the extra points. I wasn't angry though. It was legitimate.

Message 78 of 158
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gdale6 wrote:

I see that some are at 5/24 this is the max one can have in 2 years and still be approved you do not have to wait till 4/24.

Last year on the application page for CSR it explicitly said: You will not be approved for this card if you have opened 5 or more bank cards in the past 24 months. (Emphasis mine)  Has that changed recently? I acquired 5 new cards back in 2015 so understood I would need to wait until 2017 to open a new card with Chase. Has something changed recently with the interpretation? Are people getting approved right at 5 new cards? My profile looks good right now for a CSR approval, but I don't want to waste two hard pulls.

Message 79 of 158
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

I see that some are at 5/24 this is the max one can have in 2 years and still be approved you do not have to wait till 4/24.

Last year on the application page for CSR it explicitly said: You will not be approved for this card if you have opened 5 or more bank cards in the past 24 months. (Emphasis mine)  Has that changed recently? I acquired 5 new cards back in 2015 so understood I would need to wait until 2017 to open a new card with Chase. Has something changed recently with the interpretation? Are people getting approved right at 5 new cards? My profile looks good right now for a CSR approval, but I don't want to waste two hard pulls.

Yes that was removed within the same day it was put up on the wording.  Someone didn't like that being published at Chase I suppose Smiley Happy

Message 80 of 158
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.