Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSR travel credit for min spend

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CSR travel credit for min spend

I've heard the travel charge counts towards minimum spend. I got the $900 UR points for it (got a $300 AA eGC) but I also got the credit right away. My statement just cut on the 17th. It was short March 8th to the 17th period. Charges that posted on the 16th got me past the 4,000 but not by much. And that includes the $300 travel charge. Do we have any hard DPs which would suggest the travel credit doesn't count? Is it because my charges were so close to the end of statement for which I didn't get the 100k UR bonus. I don't even see it pending in "next statements rewards." So I'm a bit concerned. If it's just a matter of waiting a bit for them to load, I'd prefer to do that. But I don't want to spend another $300 if I don't need to. It was hard enough getting to the 4K without spending things unnecessarily (which I didn't) or paying a fee to use a CC for anything (which I also didn't). I did prepay some bills though, but I figured that is better than paying a fee.

Please share any information.

Thank you all!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
digitek
Established Contributor

Re: CSR travel credit for min spend

I just went through this in Jan/Feb, and for me, the $300 travel credit and the $100 Global Entry applied to my minimum spend, and right when I crossed that $4k minimum spend the "Next Statement Awards" changed.  The $450 Annual Fee did NOT count toward it, though.  Makes it kind of confusing I guess.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any charges that you make on the card, whether they're travel or not, count towards the minimum spend.  

Items that hat are not charges such as AF, cash advance or balance transfers do not count.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't understand why I don't see the bonus points pending for next statement period. Unless it just takes a few days after I meet the minimum spend.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't understand why I don't see the bonus points pending for next statement period. Unless it just takes a few days after I meet the minimum spend.

It takes a few days.  It will show up

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.