Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSR updates coming 10/5?

tag
TSlop
Valued Contributor

Re: CSR updates coming 10/5?

@Citylights18 wrote:

I called Chase this morning to dispute a charge (For the CF they me 1% instead of 5% on whole foods a week ago) and talked to the CSR about the Chase Sapphire Preferred.

The CSR told me the current gas/instacart promotions are valid through 12/31 but nothing else is new is coming online. Instacart is currently running a promtion for $10 off $35 with Wal-Mart delivery so might be worth trying.

Its worth noting that I tried to use Samsung Pay over at Wal-Mart and it didn't work so I'll have to carry the CF around if I want the bonus from shopping at Wal-Mart.

I'd love for them to extend the 3x on gas for the CSP that just expired. I probably won't need to fill up for another 2 weeks, so they will have ample time to inform me of any changes. Otherwise, now that is is October, my CSP might see next to zero use, since the CFU gets 3% back on dining now. My CFU would normally get gas, but my PSECU card is running a promotion that gives contest entries per purchase to win $500. I'll be putting any non-category spend on my PSECU card the rest of the year for more chances to win.

Message 31 of 135
Jccflat
Established Contributor

PYB wahts thr  value of the points ? 
is it worth more than if I plan using the chase travel portal ?

Message 32 of 135
MyFault
Valued Contributor

@coreysw12 wrote:

@MyFault wrote:

I honestly don't think we'll hear anything. To me, the $80k CSP SUB kind of solidified that the Sapphire line won't get any further updates in 2020. I hope i'm wrong
Maybe next year...

Looking at your siggy, I see you're in the same position as me with a CSR/CFU, but no CFF yet. Kind of a bummer that we're both missing out on the 80k SUB and the 5% groceries right now Smiley Sad

And i'm over 5/24 until July 2021 Smiley Sad

I'm gardening until then, and was originally planning for the UA Explorer to be next. My spending typically doesn't align that well with the CF/CFF so i never really cared about it. Until they started offering 5x back on Groceries for a year. I've been debating on going into a branch to ask if i have any pre-approvals but was waiting to see if they'd revamp the CSP/CSR first. I guess i may as well go to a branch and apply, if i have any.

|  
Message 33 of 135
Remedios
Credit Mentor

I'm sorry you had to find out this way there's no Santa Claus 

Message 34 of 135
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Remedios wrote:

I'm sorry you had to find out this way there's no Santa Claus 

But, there is. I send him a letter every year.

Message 35 of 135
MyFault
Valued Contributor

TPG posted this, this morning:

"A Chase representative confirmed to TPG that no further Sapphire announcements are coming imminently."

https://thepointsguy.com/news/tpg-readers-coronavirus-credit-card-perks/

So, it was fake news. Sorry for adding to getting everyone's hopes up.

|  
Message 36 of 135
coreysw12
Valued Contributor

@Jccflat wrote:

PYB wahts thr  value of the points ? 
is it worth more than if I plan using the chase travel portal ?

Same value as travel portal redemption. PYB is worth 1.25x on CSP, 1.5x on CSR. It's a good value if you have no plans to transfer the points to any partners for potentially higher values. Personally I prefer to hang on to the points for when travel picks up again. I just transferred 100k points to SWA a couple days ago for ~ 1.8x value (there's a +20% transfer bonus to SWA through the end on the month).

Total Loan Balance: $43k / $65k

Total SL: $78k

United 1K - 725,000 lifetime flight miles    |    Chase Status: 4/24
Message 37 of 135
coreysw12
Valued Contributor

@MyFault wrote:

"A Chase representative confirmed to TPG that no further Sapphire announcements are coming imminently."

That'll be 30 lashings, and then we'll call it square Smiley Wink

Total Loan Balance: $43k / $65k

Total SL: $78k

United 1K - 725,000 lifetime flight miles    |    Chase Status: 4/24
Message 38 of 135
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

I honestly dont think the front line CSR would know or if know would be at liberty to share of any buffs/nerfs etc of the CSR (card) or CSP.   I still beileve something else will have to come other then extension of instacart and gas....  Not many people are really driving that much or using much gas atm so that is a cheap one for them.

Message 39 of 135
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@MyFault wrote:

BOO!

Message 40 of 135
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.