Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSR vs. Marriott Bonvoy Boundless

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CSR vs. Marriott Bonvoy Boundless

Hey guys,

Just want people's opinions...Need another travel card and both of these are appealing and will get them down the line, but which first?  Here are my stats:

All FICO 8:  EQ, EX, TU are 740

AAoA 5-8 years (by bureau)

Income:  six figures

Inq:  2/24

3 revolving accounts, mortgage

Util: 8%

Chase checking account

Marriott Platinum Elite Status

Other cards:  Cap One Venture 30K CL, 2 other cap one cards from past total CL 2650

I think I should app for the CSR first and then the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless or Brilliant (Marriott Platinum Elite), or is the other way around better because of the co-branded way in the door?  Any thoughts appreciated.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Re: CSR vs. Marriott Bonvoy Boundless

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey guys,

Just want people's opinions...Need another travel card and both of these are appealing and will get them down the line, but which first?  Here are my stats:

All FICO 8:  EQ, EX, TU are 740

AAoA 5-8 years (by bureau)

Income:  six figures

Inq:  2/24

3 revolving accounts, mortgage

Util: 8%

Chase checking account

Marriott Platinum Elite Status

Other cards:  Cap One Venture 30K CL, 2 other cap one cards from past total CL 2650

I think I should app for the CSR first and then the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless or Brilliant (Marriott Platinum Elite), or is the other way around better because of the co-branded way in the door?  Any thoughts appreciated.

my take is what is your 5/24 status before you think about applying for any other cards? I personally would go for CSR first. Second question would be is how often do you stay at marriot branded hotels because if i were to go for a secondary chase card for just hotels hyatt would be my choice before marriott.

On a side note what are your goals for getting travel cards ? I mean if you are going to stack UR points then i would look at getting one of the chase ink cards to supplement UR points.

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.