Did you mean: 

CU Card Advice- Navy, Penfed, NASA?

tag
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: CU Card Advice- Navy, Penfed, NASA?

Baller has talked up Alliant so much. Lol
I went ahead and joined them today.
I figured.. Why not? It's a SP. I can use them for a secured loan in the future. Or use my membership to help my kids join.
Win win ..when it's all said and done. Its nice to have choices for credit products if you ever need them. I'm losing count if my CU memberships now. I think that makes the 7th CU and 10th financial institution. Damn at the debit cards! Lol
Message 11 of 24
baller4life
Super Contributor

@Gmood1 wrote:
I figured.. Why not? It's a SP. I can use them for a secured loan in the future. Or use my membership to help my kids join.
Win win ..when it's all said and done. Its nice to have choices for credit products if you ever need them. I'm losing count if my CU memberships now. I think that makes the 7th CU and 10th financial institution. Damn at the debit cards! Lol

Haha I'm really digging Alliant with their super fast ACH transfers and instant mobile deposits. They are an awesome hub for all my accounts! Sit back and wait on that email for 50k sign up bonus for their Rewards Visa. 

Message 12 of 24
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Sweet!! Sounds similar to USAA deposits and transfers. If it weren't for me trying to squeeze every dividends dime out of my deposits. I would consider them as a main account. I still may do my direct deposits with them..we shall see.

Message 13 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@baller4life wrote:

@Gmood1 wrote:

Haha I'm really digging Alliant with their super fast ACH transfers and instant mobile deposits. They are an awesome hub for all my accounts! Sit back and wait on that email for 50k sign up bonus for their Rewards Visa. 

^^^ indeed! direct & mobile deposits, ACHs between banks, bill pays are a lot faster with Alliant. even faster than BoA in my experience. and oh yeah, higher APY compared to my BoA. needless to say, i'm quite happy with them so i made them my main banking hub.

also, they have this Share Secured Loan that might be beneficial fico-wise for people who doesn't have installment loan in their credit mix.

yep! ALL of these for a SP! =p

Message 14 of 24
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Gmood1 wrote:

Sweet!! Sounds similar to USAA deposits and transfers. If it weren't for me trying to squeeze every dividends dime out of my deposits. I would consider them as a main account. I still may do my direct deposits with them..we shall see.

+1

I was just thinking the same thing... that's actually one of my favorite things about USAA.  Smiley Happy

I'm definitely going to keep Alliant in my sights!  Smiley Wink

Message 15 of 24
baller4life
Super Contributor

That's right incubus! They have that shared secured loan for those without an installment loan on their reports. I am so pleased with them that I have made them my primary account. Alliant just rocks! Rock on! Smiley LOL
Message 16 of 24
baller4life
Super Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

@Gmood1 wrote:

+1

I was just thinking the same thing... that's actually one of my favorite things about USAA.  Smiley Happy

I once considered USAA for my primary. But, I kept reading so many complaints about random holds on deposits up to ten days via mobile and UPS stores. I don't have direct deposit. So that just wouldn't work for me!

Message 17 of 24
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@baller4life wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@Gmood1 wrote:

+1

I once considered USAA for my primary. But, I kept reading so many complaints about random holds on deposits up to ten days via mobile and UPS stores. I don't have direct deposit. So that just wouldn't work for me!

+1

That's actually about the only complaint I've ever heard about USAA, that they sometimes can have issues with holds if you don't use direct deposit (especially since mobile and UPS deposits aren't covered by Reg. CC... you're literally at their mercy).  That's actually the main reason I keep Wells Fargo around... for the occasional check deposit that I need to clear right away. 

I can certainly understand if all (or even most) of your deposits are by check how you would be concerned... I would be as well.

At least it sounds like you have found a very capable alternative in Alliant!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 18 of 24
baller4life
Super Contributor

Yea I've found my checking home for sure UncleB. Will probably even move my emergency fund from Ally to Alliant savings since they both have 1% apy.
Message 19 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@baller4life wrote:
Yea I've found my checking home for sure UncleB. Will probably even move my emergency fund from Ally to Alliant savings since they both have 1% apy.

Baller,

How did you get your eligibility?

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.