Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CU Ongoing Balance Transfer Offers - PenFed / NavFed

tag
audioman00
Regular Contributor

CU Ongoing Balance Transfer Offers - PenFed / NavFed

Hi All,

I know NavFed Plat and PenFed Gold currently have BT offers for new accounts for the first 30 days of the account. I'm wondering how often these offers pop back up? Is it normal for them to re-appear after the first 30 days of opening an account? Obviously, we are not in normal times, but would love an answer to two questions: 1) Does this typically happen when times are normal? 2) Has anyone seen these offers re-appear in the last 60 days for an account older than 30 days?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: CU Ongoing Balance Transfer Offers - PenFed / NavFed

NFCU tends to have 0 - 1.99% BT offers every Jan - Feb on most of their cards. Don't know about penfed 

Message 2 of 10
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@audioman00 wrote:

Hi All,

I know NavFed Plat and PenFed Gold currently have BT offers for new accounts for the first 30 days of the account. I'm wondering how often these offers pop back up? Is it normal for them to re-appear after the first 30 days of opening an account? Obviously, we are not in normal times, but would love an answer to two questions: 1) Does this typically happen when times are normal? 2) Has anyone seen these offers re-appear in the last 60 days for an account older than 30 days?

Thanks!

Not sure on the Gold specifically. Periodically, PenFed does send out mailers, e-mailers for 0% BT with 3% fee offers.

Message 3 of 10
gingerflower
Valued Contributor

I recently was approved for the Penfed gold in April did a balance transfer and couple days ago received an email for another balance transfer offer. I might just take the offer again. Also nfcu sent an email offer BT for my platform cc a week ago. Might take the offer too!

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got a PenFed Power Cash credit card in April of this year and they sent me a balance transfer offer via email this past Friday.

Message 5 of 10
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@audioman00 wrote:

Hi All,

Thanks!

NFCU has been Answered.

PenFed >> I find even though it is not always advertised, pretty much can do one anytime .. IME

Message 6 of 10
dogmeat
Regular Contributor

Penfed Promise card has an ongoing 0% fee 4.9(9?)% APR 6 month BT offer available any time.  While the Annual rate is higher than the 3% fee of the Gold, if you pay off the BT by (or before) the end of the 6 month term, your actual interest as a percent-of-balance paid will always be less than 2.5%, which beats the up-front 3% of Gold.  It's a great card for reasonably short-duration Pay Over Time purchases/balances.

Message 7 of 10
WowCool
Frequent Contributor

@dogmeat wrote:

Penfed Promise card has an ongoing 0% fee 4.9(9?)% APR 6 month BT offer available any time.  While the Annual rate is higher than the 3% fee of the Gold, if you pay off the BT by (or before) the end of the 6 month term, your actual interest as a percent-of-balance paid will always be less than 2.5%, which beats the up-front 3% of Gold.  It's a great card for reasonably short-duration Pay Over Time purchases/balances.

I usually get offered the 12 month  4.99%  0% fee on the Promise ongoing. 

Been getting the 12 month 0% with 3% fee on the PCR  twice since COVID...

I don't need em but its nice to have them offered!!

Message 8 of 10
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@audioman00 wrote:

Hi All,

Thanks!

NFCU has been Answered.

PenFed >> I find even though it is not always advertised, pretty much can do one anytime .. IME

Yeah to echo what @M_Smart007  said, Penfed BT has always been there for me as well. Anytime I click in the Balance Transfer it's always there though with a caveat of "On Approved Credit" which I'm assuming is based on their last SP. 

New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 9 of 10
creditfan
Established Contributor

DCU is every Jan 1st 0% for 6 months and no BT fee

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.