Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CU mini app spree with partial success

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CU mini app spree with partial success

@wmarat wrote:

I was required to provide w2, two paystubs, adress proof, DL and green card after application was submitted. I got email saying that they are about to approve for 20K credit card and if I am satisfied with it I should fax/mail/e-mail above documents.

I was checking PSECU, but did not find FOM on their site. How did you qualify for membership?

Sibling attended a qualifying school.  The fact that she attended and that she is "eligible" was enough to qualify me for membership.  I did 'not' have to get her to join.

Message Edited by txjohn on 07-12-2009 09:07 AM
Message 11 of 33
wmarat
Valued Contributor

Hmm, intresting if I can "invent" relative.

John, if you are in TX, I would advise to take look at TDECU's Onyx MC, very intresting and fairly new concept for CC, besides, 2% of cashback and I think this MC beats Schwab and Fidelity.

IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 12 of 33
wmarat
Valued Contributor

I think that Addison Avenue has been given very little exposure on this board. My impression is that CU much better organaized and managed than Alliant. Today's Alliant's rates are not so great, CC's are defenetly unremarkable.

Addison atracted me by low APR and BT offer.

IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 13 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

hmmm 2%, pretty nice. 

I have a 2% CapOne card, but it has a $39 AF and they only gave me an initial $3k CL, and it appears they aren't in CLI mood right now. 

I like my NFCU cashrewards, because it's 1.5% (after $10k, but I did that in 2 months).  I used to have a 2% Discover (Discover Escape), but it had a $69 AF and they only gave me a lousy $2k CL, so I PC'd to Discover More.

I would LOVE to have a 2% card with a decent CL.  CapOne is only $3k.  So, this is why my NFCU gets so much exercise.....$25k with 1.5% so I have room to actually do something meaningful.

Also NFCU gives you real time rewards that you can transfer to any deposit account, toward a loan/cc account, with only a $20 minimum.  Last month I transfered $75 to savings from rewards.

I actually like my BoA Visa rewards.  It's 1.25% (again, after $10k otherwise 1%), but it allows you to transfer rewards to any deposit account (including outside bank), take a check or transfer to another BoA customer (like CapOne reward transfers).

I'll check out TDECU to see if I can qualify for membership and if it looks like a good place to start a CU relationship.

Message Edited by txjohn on 07-12-2009 09:49 AM
Message 14 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@wmarat wrote:

I think that Addison Avenue has been given very little exposure on this board. My impression is that CU much better organaized and managed than Alliant. Today's Alliant's rates are not so great, CC's are defenetly unremarkable.

Hey wmarat, just curious, but what is your income range when you were applying for your spree? 
Message 15 of 33
wmarat
Valued Contributor

66-70 hours a week, gives me around 120K annually.

@Anonymous wrote:

@wmarat wrote:

Hey wmarat, just curious, but what is your income range when you were applying for your spree? 

IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 16 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@wmarat wrote:

66-70 hours a week, gives me around 120K annually.

@Anonymous wrote:

@wmarat wrote:

I thought only I worked those kind of hours  Smiley Very Happy
Message 17 of 33
score_building
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your cu and home purchase success!

i find the affinity offer surprising except as you say for somewhat short history.  you could have easily gone from 10k to 20k+ with alliant w/i 6mos-1yr had you chosed to stick with them.  there have been some rumblings that they are not able or willing to use deposits to gague credit issuance but if you hang with them they open up much like pen fed ultimately did for you i'd imagine.  cie la vie.  sounds like you're in great shape, nice work.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 18 of 33
wmarat
Valued Contributor

Thanks score for kind words. I'll reapply for Affinity a bit latter. 

Alliant might set whatever rules it wishes but I do not have to accept it. They trust me enough to take my money, but do not trust me to extand credit. Not in my book. Trust goes both ways and in mine internal scoring system Alliant lost a lot of points.

I can be patient and probably could wait 6-12 mos. and get whatever credit line ( as it happened with BOA), but:

1. I am not hungry for credit, have more than I need.

2. I did not like LO's atitude. He apparently suspected dirty game, when asked me how I got such big lines in such short time. Besides, LO, by definition, must understand that available credit is not a debt.

IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 19 of 33
score_building
Senior Contributor

wmarat wrote:

Thanks score for kind words. I'll reapply for Affinity a bit latter. 

Alliant might set whatever rules it wishes but I do not have to accept it. They trust me enough to take my money, but do not trust me to extand credit. Not in my book. Trust goes both ways and in mine internal scoring system Alliant lost a lot of points.

I can be patient and probably could wait 6-12 mos. and get whatever credit line ( as it happened with BOA), but:

1. I am not hungry for credit, have more than I need.

2. I did not like LO's atitude. He apparently suspected dirty game, when asked me how I got such big lines in such short time. Besides, LO, by definition, must understand that available credit is not a debt.

as always ymmv but the addison ave LO i dealt with left me with this impression (was denied for too many new accts, perhaps i'll try for them or pen fed again in 24 mos.)  

addison does seem to have their act together (and i understood their concerns about my new accts) overall more so than alliant.

btw, i agree wholeheartedly that it's yours to choose not to play alliant's game, for you to great effect.  they need good customers like you imo. if you leave, they lose.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 20 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.