Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CU's that pull EQ

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CU's that pull EQ

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

I would halt app'ing, wait until anything new is more that six months old, pay your balances down a little and then app PenFed and ask for $20K right out of the box. If you do not get $20K you should get a counteroffer or recon for $10K.

I am perfectly serious.

Thanks for the advice.  PenFed is quality, which is the most desirable lender to deal with in this "bizarro world" environment

Message 11 of 17
score_building
Senior Contributor

illtakecreditforthat wrote:

... PenFed is quality, which is the most desirable lender to deal with in this "bizarro world" environment

yes, they're top notch and you may have a decent shot at approval soon but don't be put off if you don't get in on your first try, many with excellent profiles do not.  you can brush up and reapp w/o prejudice if you don't get in at first app or recon, many who reapp successfully report it being worth the wait.  GL!

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 12 of 17
pattycake
Established Contributor

I keep reading about how great PenFed is, and now I'm seriously thinking about opening a savings account to make my way in. My EQ is okay, but I keep wondering about what my EX is. 
pattycake's FICOs: 6/2/10 - TU: 708; EX: ???; EQ: 749
Message 13 of 17
score_building
Senior Contributor

@pattycake wrote:
I keep reading about how great PenFed is, and now I'm seriously thinking about opening a savings account to make my way in. My EQ is okay, but I keep wondering about what my EX is. 

not worth the inq for just the savings/share acct.  app when you are ready to app for loans too since they will use the one inq (EQ) for the first 60-90 days in most cases.  things they don't like-generally speaking:

new accts

EQ inqs

short histories

recent neg info

util over 20-25%

too much available credit compared to income

high DTI ratio

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 14 of 17
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@score_building wrote:

@pattycake wrote:

not worth the inq for just the savings/share acct.  app when you are ready to app for loans too since they will use the one inq (EQ) for the first 60-90 days in most cases.  things they don't like-generally speaking:

new accts

EQ inqs

short histories

recent neg info

util over 20-25%

too much available credit compared to income

high DTI ratio

Yes. Exactly correct. +1

Wait until at least six months have passed on any INQs or new accounts. Also, you have to app PenFed at the correct point in your credit development program. That point is as soon as you can clear the approval bar. If you are well progressed with your credit building and have a lot of available credit relative to your income that can nix the deal. I think this is why you see people with pretty high FICO scores being turned away.

Message 15 of 17
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Makes you wonder where that "happy" point is for them.  Too high available credit to income...nix  Too low is a no go as well. 

Any idea what that golden % is?

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 16 of 17
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

No. But I will add that once you have been granted unsecured credit by PenFed the rules seem to become somewhat looser. (Which is fair. You then have actual experience with them that they can monitor.) I have a relationship with them and have some funds on deposit there. (Certainly not a great deal. A few thousand.) They have treated my very well in return.
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.