Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cabela Visa Credit Card

So, did you do the "happy dance" at your mailbox Smiley Happy
Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

My SO just apped for this card and was approved for $1000 CL. The only other card he has is the 99/500 BOA secured. He included me in household income on the app, so it was in the 6 figures. Another poster and I compared credit reports and starting CL after applying for this card at the same time, and I would guess that his started at $500 because of the lower income reported. Other than that, the reports seemed fairly similar as far as derogs, collections, etc.

Message 12 of 17
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

what number do you call for status of application?
Message 13 of 17
dizbuster
Frequent Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:
what number do you call for status of application?

I called 1-800-850-8402 it's the number directly from the Cabelas Visa application website. I called the next day and was told about the rewards and was given my CL.

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
7/6/2009 Equ 664 TU 680 (15 and 19 point jump respectively this week, over 100 point increase in 6 months)
Message 14 of 17
dizbuster
Frequent Contributor

I just wanted to update in regards to  the Cabela's Visa. I just got off the phone a bit ago with CSR as my bill just showed up with a $32 dollar charge that was due on 4/22. I havn't even recieved the card in the mail yet! The CSR said it was a $5.95 charge to pay by phone. I tried to tell him I couldn't mail the payment in time and I don't have the card to set up online payments. He said he could not give me the account number over the phone and that I should mail the payment to them that day. I politely disagreed and asked for his supervisor.

Long story short, supervisor waived the fee and took payment over the phone. That's less than two weeks from time of purchase until time payment was due! The supervisor was apalogetic and everything worked out fine but still not off to a good start for me Smiley Sad

eta: The supervisior I spoke with said to call back in 3 months for a review and possibly a CLI. I know others have stated 4 or 5 months and even 12, so that is what I was told.

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
7/6/2009 Equ 664 TU 680 (15 and 19 point jump respectively this week, over 100 point increase in 6 months)
Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

We just recieved a bill (for $0) before we even recieved the card. Got the card the next day, but I was shocked! Then imagine my surprised when two days later we recieved another card - exact same as the first down to the security code on the back. Hopefully this will not be what the rest of the experience will be like, but I'm glad to hear we might be able to get a CLI in a few months!

Message 16 of 17
ma_fico
Regular Contributor

Got approved online for $1k a year and half ago - way lower than any other TL.  Waited a year, pulled the trigger for a CLI (HARD pull on EQ, but I knew that) - went to $7k instantly.  Still on the low side, but perfectly acceptable.

If they like you, it will grow with you, but you may have to help it along, and take an inq along the way.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.