Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cabelas CLI??

tag
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

Cabelas CLI??

I've had the Cabelas visa ($4,500) approval for about 2 months, ran 6k through it. How are they with CLI? I got their lowest APR and my EQ is 729, is the CLI a HP?. I'm in the garden and don't want to try if it's a HP Smiley Surprised
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cabelas CLI??

I have a Cabela's card with only a $2000 limit. When I was looking into an increase, they said the account had to be opened for at least 6 mos. I do believe they said they would do a hp too.
Message 2 of 12
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@Creditplz wrote:
I've had the Cabelas visa ($4,500) approval for about 2 months, ran 6k through it. How are they with CLI? I got their lowest APR and my EQ is 729, is the CLI a HP?. I'm in the garden and don't want to try if it's a HP Smiley Surprised

It's a HP, and the account has to be open at least 6 months, with activity during the previous three months. From their site: 

Your account must be open for at least 6 months and must be in good standing (not delinquent or overlimit) in order to be considered for a credit limit increase. A minimum of 3 months of recent activity and on-time payments since the last credit limit increase is required. See verbiage below.*

*All requests are subject to credit history examination and approval. You authorize World's Foremost Bank to verify your employment, income, or other information. A credit bureau report may be reviewed. Any credit line request over $30,000 will require you to supply personal financial statements and the front page of your tax return. You will receive the forms necessary to complete your request in 7-10 days.

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

For whats its worth, I have had a Cabelas card since 10/15 got approved with a $1000 limit. I put a $40 charge on it in December, and if I remember correctly and another charge for $35 somewhere around the same time. I tried a couple time for a CLI and got denied for insufficent use at my limit. Late March early April I requested another CLI. Honestly forgot about it untill I logged onto my account and my limit was $5k. And no HP!

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Full disclosure I just remembered a $75 charge for a Christmas gift.

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cabelas visa does automatic reviews on your card every 6 months is what they told me. I would never take a hard inquiry over a CLI.

Message 6 of 12
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

They ended up giving me a CLD for idk what reason, but hope it goes to BofA or Citi now that Cap1 withdrew their offer
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was about to close mine. When did that news come out about not capital one? A quick search has jan2016 speculation that's it
Message 8 of 12
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

http://www.1011now.com/content/news/Capital-One-withdrawal-more-trouble-for-Cabelas-Bass-Pro-merger-...

"the Office of Comptroller of the Currency indicate that Capital One withdrew their application to purchase 'World's Foremost Bank' at the end of January."
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

They have until October to piddle around with it. that's half a year to see if the stores are doing good going into another gift and hunting season. I am Citibank enemy, and I cannot get in Bank of america to save my life so I'm quite happy it's not Capital One.  I'm going to hold on to my Cabelas card for now

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.