Any thoughts ? DP ?
Let it begin !!

Thank you all

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
whocares
Valued Member

Re: Caesars rewards Rewards VISA - thoughts

Let me guess...you got a pre-approval notification when you logged in the Caesar Rewards site from Comenity Bank and got all excited???

Message 2 of 12
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Total Rewards card backed by Comenity? Had one, don't anymore - its Comenity, enough said. 

Message 3 of 12
Blackswizz750
Established Contributor

I would pass as its a Commenity card and can't see the appeal.
Message 4 of 12
PointsBonus
Established Contributor

@whocares wrote:

Let me guess...you got a pre-approval notification when you logged in the Caesar Rewards site from Comenity Bank and got all excited???

Nope no pop up pre approvals. I just logged in and was curious due to the Platinum tier and credits earning. 

Seems not to many people like...Comenity Bank ?...any reasons ?

Message 5 of 12
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

@PointsBonus wrote:

@whocares wrote:

Nope no pop up pre approvals. I just logged in and was curious due to the Platinum tier and credits earning. 

High APR, very skittish as far as your overall profile and they are well known for shutting you down in a heartbeat typically with the excuse of "too many inquiries" no matter your history. Note that I have zero missed payments or lates, then and now. There many many other stories on MyFico reporting Comenity shutting down accounts. Who needs the grief even if the APR was reasonable. Note too that I had 7-star status from Ceasars at the time and really saw no benefits from using the Total Rewards card, in or out of Ceasar's properties.

Comenity TW (2).JPG

Message 6 of 12
whocares
Valued Member

Awww...I only say that because just TODAY I just logged into my Caesars Reward portal and the pre-approved offer popped up! Smiley Happy  Stay away unless your play and stay patterns are astronimical...otherwise your status alone gets you enough and you'd better off with other travel cards like the Chase Sapphire line of cards.

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@PointsBonus wrote:
Any thoughts ? DP ?
Let it begin !!

Thank you all

I have it, use it and like it. Lol not everyone likes, for good reason.  Only issues I've had I caused myself.  They send great balance transfer offers often.  YMMV, but I have not had issues with this card.

Message 8 of 12
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@PointsBonus wrote:
Any thoughts ? DP ?
Let it begin !!

Thank you all

I have it, use it and like it. Lol not everyone likes, for good reason.  Only issues I've had I caused myself.  They send great balance transfer offers often.  YMMV, but I have not had issues with this card.

The BT offers are usually offered accross all Comenity Bank Cards at the same time

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 9 of 12
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@pipeguy wrote:

@PointsBonus wrote:

@whocares wrote:

High APR, very skittish as far as your overall profile and they are well known for shutting you down in a heartbeat typically with the excuse of "too many inquiries" no matter your history. Note that I have zero missed payments or lates, then and now. There many many other stories on MyFico reporting Comenity shutting down accounts. Who needs the grief even if the APR was reasonable. Note too that I had 7-star status from Ceasars at the time and really saw no benefits from using the Total Rewards card, in or out of Ceasar's properties.

Comenity TW (2).JPG

Comenity definitely frowns on people who seek [whatever they percieve as] a lot of credit, regardless of one's payment history.

If you aren't applying for many cards and really want the Caesars card, OP, it should be fine, although I think it's nothing really that special. But if you have recent inquiries I would steer clear for awhile.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.